• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: RJ Remembers Amblerfest !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i like seeing who comes up to my door without me going to the door so I can confirm my desire to not get out of my chair

This is kind of why I want one, though it won't change the result of me not answering the door. I just won't have to wonder who it was that I was ignoring.

So this is the first time in ~20 years that I'm not in a fantasy football league (and the first time in probably 15 that I haven't been the commish of a league) and it's glorious.

i installed it, walked to go get a shower and the doorbell rang. i was going to ignore it but I looked at my phone and it was my neighbor bringing me a box of cookies to welcome me to the neighborhood.

seemed nice to have though not necessary. i guess people think peepholes on doors are feeding paranoia, too

our new place sits back quite a way from the street and doesn't face the street, so i don't get any view of passers-by

Last edited:
Took a shirt in to work, have never tried to use the valet here for dry cleaning, asked how long it would be, and they said 2 weeks. TWO WEEKS for a shirt!

2019-09-16.jpg

You can order a new made-to-measure shirt and have it delivered from Vietnam in two weeks.

Valet dry cleaning shouldn't be more than three days.

Maybe there's a dry cleaning fluid shortage in DC.

Diagram left out people who brought their computers and plan to work all day.

Took a shirt in to work, have never tried to use the valet here for dry cleaning, asked how long it would be, and they said 2 weeks. TWO WEEKS for a shirt!

And I said, “That’s why you’re no longer president. TWO WEEKS! Let’s do it in TWO WEEKS!” Hey!

You can order a new made-to-measure shirt and have it delivered from Vietnam in two weeks.

Valet dry cleaning shouldn't be more than three days.

Maybe there's a dry cleaning fluid shortage in DC.

There's a same day place in Dupont but that means I gotta walk like eight blocks from the office. When will my procrastination get off its ass and start working for me?

Going to Ann Arbor for a wedding this weekend (hence the dry cleaning, I need so many damn clean white shirts for this weekend).

Who can tell me the cool stuff to do in Ann Arbor? I will be wearing Ohio State shit all weekend, so I got that covered.

There's a same day place in Dupont but that means I gotta walk like eight blocks from the office. When will my procrastination get off its ass and start working for me?

I got a bike share annual pass this year and it's so great for the 1-2 mile trips you gotta make around town.

RIP part of that group of voices from my childhood, Cokie Roberts.

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/17/7610...le-journalist-who-helped-shape-npr-dies-at-75

Also, one that has hit my current department particularly hard -- RIP John Cohen. No obit yet, but he was one of the New Lost City Ramblers, a pioneer in the folk revival in the 50s/60s along with Mike Seeger (brother of Pete; Cohen married their younger sister) and Tom Paley. Cohen also was a distinguished photographer and filmographer, folklorist, musicologist, all that shit, and documented a young Bob Dylan coming up in New York in the early 60s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Cohen_(musician)

Also, for you Heads, John Cohen is likely the “John” of “Uncle John’s Band.”

there's a drycleaners every 2 blocks in DC neighborhoods, surely there's one around the corner from your place

Wrinkle free, machine wash FTW

TITCR

Late to the convo but we have a Vivint security system and absolutely love it. We have a front door camera, driveway camera and two indoor cameras. It also integrates directly with our Nest thermostats so we can control everything with one app. Probably the best feature is that we don’t have to worry about keys ever with the smart locks and we can create unique access codes that can be turned on and off for anyone who needs access to the house (house cleaners, friends dropping something off, etc).

there's a drycleaners every 2 blocks in DC neighborhoods, surely there's one around the corner from your place

I had a go-to when I lived on the hill, and ten other options on my way to metro. New neighborhood I haven't needed a place yet, so I figured I'd try my office first. Big no-go. Googling, there are 5 or 6 within a three block radius of my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back