• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: RJ Remembers Amblerfest !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RJ wins again: we went to La Tequila tonight and it was damn tasty. I’m the only gringo at the table and all my Mexican coworkers big fans, but one or two had already been here so they had recommended it separately.

hell yea ricky

April 15 to June 10 for the last one. June 10 to August? September?

Guesses anyone?

The advice I received from my parents before I move abroad:

Mom: Don't be yourself
Dad: Remember, less is more

I am starting to seriously suspect that they have some thoughts about my personality.

So my sister hasn't worked in like 10 years despite having a college education. She's now getting divorced and yammering on about cancelling her life insurance. I told her to go get a job with life insurance. I'm waiting for her response.

RJ wins again: we went to La Tequila tonight and it was damn tasty. I’m the only gringo at the table and all my Mexican coworkers big fans, but one or two had already been here so they had recommended it separately.

Great! I was in basically the same situation there. It was myself and one other gringo and a table full of Mexicans.

If you are going around town, don't think some neighborhoods are yucky or average. What a lot of people do is have a nondescript looking garage door as an entry to their homes that open into courtyards with amazing homes/haciendas that you can't see from the street. Because a lot of these are blended into middle-class areas, it gives the nicer homes more safety.

Are you staying near the convention center?

Great! I was in basically the same situation there. It was myself and one other gringo and a table full of Mexicans.

If you are going around town, don't think some neighborhoods are yucky or average. What a lot of people do is have a nondescript looking garage door as an entry to their homes that open into courtyards with amazing homes/haciendas that you can't see from the street. Because a lot of these are blended into middle-class areas, it gives the nicer homes more safety.

Are you staying near the convention center?

Yeah in the Westin across the street. Was planning on getting in on Sunday around noon to do some sightseeing but Delta’s GPS system was FUBAR and I woulda missed my connection in ATL, so got here yesterday. Im gonna try and get out around midday tomorrow if I can to do some sightseeing.

So my sister hasn't worked in like 10 years despite having a college education. She's now getting divorced and yammering on about cancelling her life insurance. I told her to go get a job with life insurance. I'm waiting for her response.

Is your sister my sister-in-law?

Mine is 46, works menial part-time jobs, lives with her parents and is expecting a call from Saturday Night Live any day now.

Reactions: ITK
Yeah in the Westin across the street. Was planning on getting in on Sunday around noon to do some sightseeing but Delta’s GPS system was FUBAR and I woulda missed my connection in ATL, so got here yesterday. Im gonna try and get out around midday tomorrow if I can to do some sightseeing.

If you have a car, ask the concierge about a city that's about an hour away that is "Philadelphia"/birthplace of Mexico's freedom. It's kinda cool and you'd get to see a bit of the countryside. The expressway is a toll road and not cheap. You'd need to get some pesos before going.

I can't remember if it's on the expressway between Leon and that town or Guadalajara and that town, there are massive agave farms and they are guarded by security carrying machine guns. Apparently, top end plants can grow for years and are worth about $20,000 each.

Would you rather have a personal Chef, Trainer, Driver or Masseuse?

This is a very good question. The type of question the CT has been missing. If it's free, including food, I'm going with Chef, for sure. Even if food cost is extra, I'd probably still go chef, since they could get high quality stuff for much cheaper than me.

If you have a car, ask the concierge about a city that's about an hour away that is "Philadelphia"/birthplace of Mexico's freedom. It's kinda cool and you'd get to see a bit of the countryside. The expressway is a toll road and not cheap. You'd need to get some pesos before going.

I can't remember if it's on the expressway between Leon and that town or Guadalajara and that town, there are massive agave farms and they are guarded by security carrying machine guns. Apparently, top end plants can grow for years and are worth about $20,000 each.

Their constitution was drafted in Queretaro, which is a nice city, but not worth a visit unless en route somewhere. You might be thinking of Guanajuato or San Miguel? That's where Hidalgo planned a lot of the war of independence in the early 19th century. Both are awesome places to visit and Leon would be the nearest airport. Morelia as well if we're talking colonial cities, though a bit further away from those two.

Their constitution was drafted in Queretaro, which is a nice city, but not worth a visit unless en route somewhere. You might be thinking of Guanajuato or San Miguel? That's where Hidalgo planned a lot of the war of independence in the early 19th century. Both are awesome places to visit and Leon would be the nearest airport. Morelia as well if we're talking colonial cities, though a bit further away from those two.

Which is the place with the big statue?

Like to cook myself but having a great personal chef would be amazing.

I still think I go driver. Not having to worry about getting places or having a DD is sweet.

Trainer and masseuse meh

Like to cook myself but having a great personal chef would be amazing.

I still think I go driver. Not having to worry about getting places or having a DD is sweet.

Trainer and masseuse meh

Does Uber take out the need for a driver? Or I guess one could die from a tired Uber driver that's rushing around trying to make an extra few bucks.

Chef. No contest. I don't enjoy cooking but love good food.

Now, if I was some poor moron living in the exurbs, I'd probably say driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back