• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: RJ Remembers Amblerfest !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With enough of a security presence on the trains I guess it could work, but I don't see women wanting to be on those trains by themselves.

D84FV_OXUAIq3jr.jpg

what is going on here

On top of standard deduction?

The problem is it directly impacts one's bottom line. If i'm not mistaken, you have a choice to either take a standard deduction of $0.58/mile or an itemized one.

On top of standard deduction?
Yes. You are thinking about employee unreimbursed business expenses. Your uber income would be reported on sch c with all business expenses (tolls gas depreciation) to get to a net income number which would go on page one of your tax return. But this net sch c income would also qualify for a 20% deduction which would also go on page one. Those amounts including the 20% deduction with all other income will sum up to your agi which you will then deduct your standard deduction against if you don't itemize to get to taxable income.

Last edited:
The system is exploitative because consumers demand lower prices. It's the same reason that Mexicans cross the border to pick your strawberries and Thai slaves catch your shrimp. In general, Americans aren't willing to pay extra to ensure that the lower class is being treated humanely.

It’s because management demands higher salaries and investors demand bigger returns.

Uber may be losing a billion dollars but their leadership is still getting paid. Investors aren’t going broke.

Damn, missed the VPI Gobblers instead of VT, William and Mary Tribe instead of Miami (OH), and George Washington Colonials instead of UVA.

The subtraction from the money you make driving from uber for depreciating assets seems like it’s just made up to make it seem like you are making less. Gas, understandable, the miles you put on your paid off 6 year old Toyota that will run for 200,000 miles less so. Make 40 dollars driving 20 miles to the airport, better subtract 10 dollars for the cars depreciation.

Man this new name (Truist Bank) for the combined BB&T/Suntrust entity is absolutely brutal. Sounds like some shitty community bank. I would love to know if a big rebranding initiative like this has ever turned out well. Should have just forced one of the parties to accept the name of the other.

Man this new name (Truist Bank) for the combined BB&T/Suntrust entity is absolutely brutal. Sounds like some shitty community bank. I would love to know if a big rebranding initiative like this has ever turned out well. Should have just forced one of the parties to accept the name of the other.

Branch Banking & Sun Trust. Easy.

Sounds like a front for a cult

Weren't BB&T and Suntrust both shitty community banks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back