• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: RJ Remembers Amblerfest !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the oldest bars in Baltimore is called - The Horse You Came In On.

No, I wasn't there when it opened in 1775. My coach had threw a wheel on my way to the party.

Last edited:
I remember my grandpa telling me all his great side hustle stories from his working days

Related to the Uber discussion we were having, just saw flashed up on CNBC

48% of americans have a "side hustle"
1/3 use it to make ends meat.
$1,200 average monthly earnings.

Don't know how accurate, but interesting none the less.

Interesting, but can't possibly be true.

I remember my grandpa telling me all his great side hustle stories from his working days

One time a few years ago I was at a pub. There was a really big group of dudes there who must have come together the way they were all hollering at each other and having a good time. Might be a bachelor outing or something. After a little while they sort of dragged me into the group with some casual banter and I ended up drinking quite heavily with these people. Shot after shot, pint after pint. When the pub starts closing up they all start talking about keeping this shit going at one of the guys place and they ask me if I wanna come along. Drunk as a sailor in port I happily tag along. We reach this guys place and all start heading into the basement. Must have been just shy of twenty people. The walls of this basement are chockfull of various leather outfits. Shorts, skirts, chapless pants, the whole bdsm catalouge. Everyone is getting into these outfits and start lubing each other up while I'm just looking in shock and awe at what the hell is going on. Then one guy points at me and says time for some lovin' new guy. I was promptly thrown on the floor and gang-banged by a dozen and a half macho gays in leather gear. When I woke up the next day I had cum from my hair down to my toes, and I swear you could fit a basketball up my anus.

That was the gayest thing I had ever experienced until I read your comment.

Interesting, but can't possibly be true.

Really? That number sounds low. I assume a "side hustle" is any somewhat steady source of income that you work for beyond your primary job. Could be consulting. Could be babysitting. Could be driving Uber. Could be a second job.

Really? That number sounds low. I assume a "side hustle" is any somewhat steady source of income that you work for beyond your primary job. Could be consulting. Could be babysitting. Could be driving Uber. Could be a second job.

I assume the same definition, but there's no way 48% of America has one that pays $1,200 a month.

I find this

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/06/nea...-a-side-hustle-need-it-to-make-ends-meet.html

Despite a healthy economy and growing labor force, 3 out of every 10 American workers who have taken on a side hustle say they need that second job to simply make ends meet.

That’s according to Bankrate.com’s latest Side Hustle Survey of 2,550 full-time and part-time working adults conducted online in early May.

The average side hustler brings in an extra $1,122 per month, working 12 additional hours a week, Bankrate.com said.

Millennials are the most likely age demographic to take advantage of the gig economy, the survey found, with 31% percent of young adults (those between ages 23 and 38) saying they earn extra money on the side to boost their savings. That number drops for their parents and grandparents, to 16% of Gen X and 18% of baby boomers, respectively.
"

Still seems high to me, but probably a median/mean thing would explain it. but 31% is still high for any age group.

I assume the same definition, but there's no way 48% of America has one that pays $1,200 a month.

It's always funny to me that you're an accountant who makes simple math mistakes. Average is not the same as median. That 48% includes millionaires and billionaires who have "side hustles" that make 5 and 6 figures a month.

Yeah if the actual side hustle brought in 1200 every 12 hours, that means 100 dollars an hour, which means switch to full time hustle because that jobs a 6 figure job.

The toilet paper dispenser rollers in my office make this awful squeaking sound when used, so you definitely know when someone is using tp. Based on the speed and length of time the roll squeaks, there is a guy in my office that must use 5 yards worth of tp per wipe. The toilets are industrial strength, but I still don't know how they handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back