• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

China: Taiwan Tensions

If we had any other POTUS, the Chinese would not have taken such a strong stance RE:Morey. Hillary talked about human right in China while Bill was POTUS and talked about women's rights in China as Sec. of State.

The Chinese know Trump is a coward and that they own him.

If we had any other POTUS, the Chinese would not have taken such a strong stance RE:Morey. Hillary talked about human right in China while Bill was POTUS and talked about women's rights in China as Sec. of State.

The Chinese know Trump is a coward and that they own him.

It's not just the Chinese, pretty much every country - especially if they have a dictator or Trump has business interests there - knows that they own him. Except, of course, for our traditional post-WW2 allies, like Germany or Canada or France, who Trump regularly pisses on. What Trump has been doing since taking office would be a wet dream for Stalin or the other old Soviet dictators like Khrushchev or Brezhnev. Putin and his hackers may well have done more damage to American democracy and its international power than any KGB agent or Soviet Communism ever did.

Absolutely, every leader knows all they have to do is compliment him to get whatever they want from him. He's the weakest POTUS since the Civil War (and probably ever).

Bill Clinton granted China Most Favored Nation trade status. There were some pretty shady campaign contributions from China to the DNC (money that was later returned) after that. The idea at the time of granting them MFN status was to "trade them" into better human rights policies. Turns out the addiction is ours, and not theirs. In hindsight, MFN was a mistake.

We do need to stand up for the protesters. If we are the first, others will follow. I would support rescinding their MFN status, and get our cheap labor elsewhere. But you can't bash Trump for the trade war and then say China owns him. I'd say the trade war does not go far enough.

Bill Clinton granted China Most Favored Nation trade status. There were some pretty shady campaign contributions from China to the DNC (money that was later returned) after that. The idea at the time of granting them MFN status was to "trade them" into better human rights policies. Turns out the addiction is ours, and not theirs. In hindsight, MFN was a mistake.

We do need to stand up for the protesters. If we are the first, others will follow. I would support rescinding their MFN status, and get our cheap labor elsewhere. But you can't bash Trump for the trade war and then say China owns him. I'd say the trade war does not go far enough.

Of course both can be true. Trump unilaterally started a moronic trade trade war that was never necessary and has cost a minimum of 300,000 US job so far. China can do anything they want with their economy. They could shut Apple down tomorrow. They hold all the cards. They own him and are letting him hang himself.

I THOUGHT THIS WAS AMERICA, PEOPLE!

Amazing how all of a sudden our citizens are expected to cozy up to Israel and China and screw Palestinians and Hong Kong.

awaken, there’s no evidence the trade war is even hurting China. MFN status would work if there was a commitment among both parties and the business community to stick with human rights.

Last edited:
Trump is now pissed towards Pop and Steve Kerr. They are way out of his league.

Back