• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook trying to start its own currency

facebook has sucked since day 1. we’re doomed.

Who the fuck would trust Facebook with their money if they can't be trusted with your personal info?

The question becomes now that Facebook has a currency and a population, will they try to be recognized as an independent nation at the UN?

fuck social media, it all sucks and is making people miserable

this board isn't social media, ph, before you come and try to gotcha me.

Yeah. This isn’t a medium by which people share information with each other. Not at all.

You’re basically an influencer, Bake.

Sigh

It’s anonymous. You don’t know my name or family members names. It’s a huge, huge difference that you of all people should be able to appreciate considering your field of study. I’m completely free to comment on politics or whatever else with zero risk of my opinions interfering with my familial relationships, employer or employment prospects, etc. apples and oranges

You should publish a piece on it. I’ve solved the whole conundrum. I’d be happy to help you out with it

My friends and family have no idea about this board. Any mentions of my personal life here are general and unspecific facts or anecdotes about my life to make a point or joke. There are no forces gathering data on me and creating a digital profile of me and my family.

:noidea: I don’t know, to me that is miles away from what’s happening on Instagram and Facebook.

4067179_0.jpg

My friends and family have no idea about this board. Any mentions of my personal life here are general and unspecific facts or anecdotes about my life to make a point or joke. There are no forces gathering data on me and creating a digital profile of me and my family.

:noidea: I don’t know, to me that is miles away from what’s happening on Instagram and Facebook.

Yeah. This isn’t a medium by which people share information with each other. Not at all.

You’re basically an influencer, Bake.

you think you are really fucking smart? lol.

It's almost like there are different types of social media.

Back