• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook trying to start its own currency

It's almost like there are different types of social media.

sure.

this thread is about facebook. facebook has always sucked. the founder is a loser piece of shit and always has been. facebook was designed to create a false reality. weak minded people latched onto it. now we’re all fucked and facebook is a huge reason why.

what are the positives that outweigh the negatives?

It's almost like there are different types of social media.

Meh, web forums like this are centered around topical discussion, not socializing. No one is here to make/count “friends” we are here for the discussion. Is that a form of socializing? I guess, but I wouldn’t refer to a debate or a panel discussion at a college as a social event, would you?

i have a hunch most people here don't end up feeling like crap because GTB mentioned his intestinal issues or OGB bored everyone with pedantic Civil War details

Meh, web forums like this are centered around topical discussion, not socializing. No one is here to make/count “friends” we are here for the discussion. Is that a form of socializing? I guess, but I wouldn’t refer to a debate or a panel discussion at a college as a social event, would you?

I wouldn’t refer to most of these threads as a debate or panel discussion. I think you’re giving us way too much credit. But thanks for inviting me to your TED talk.

I wouldn’t refer to most of these threads as a debate or panel discussion. I think you’re giving us way too much credit. But thanks for inviting me to your TED talk.

You're welcome. Hit me up in IM if you need me to come out and give a few lectures to your students on the difference between joining a site and publishing their name, date of birth, hometown, high school, college, employer, family&friends, vacation plans, and biometric information to a company who sells that information vs. joining a message board under a pseudonym and commenting on current events and making shit and dick jokes with people you don't know and don't know you and who bans you if you reveal anything you do know.

Shit and dick jokes aren't written by those who tell them. They write themselves.

Stray thought about the actual topic of the thread. Perhaps Facebook isn't trying to compete with Bitcoin or other crypto currencies. I think they have their sights set much higher. Facebook and WhatsApp have a huge presence in developing countries. If the Libra becomes a common currency across these nations, it could provide more stability across the developing world and would be competition for the dollar, euro, yen and other established currency.

yeah, i'm sure facebook is trying to help stabilize currencies across the developing world. just like facebook is about bringing people together.

el
oh
el

Stray thought about the actual topic of the thread. Perhaps Facebook isn't trying to compete with Bitcoin or other crypto currencies. I think they have their sights set much higher. Facebook and WhatsApp have a huge presence in developing countries. If the Libra becomes a common currency across these nations, it could provide more stability across the developing world and would be competition for the dollar, euro, yen and other established currency.

is this a Deep Fake post?

yeah, i'm sure facebook is trying to help stabilize currencies across the developing world. just like facebook is about bringing people together.

el
oh
el

Pretty sure I said Facebook was trying to create a currency to compete with the dollar, euro, yen, etc. Stability in the developing world is a way to get there just like bringing people together was a step toward getting data on billions of people to better sell stuff.

Back