• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Reparations

There’s a colorable argument that America also owes Japanese residents and Japanese-American citizens reparations for putting them in concentration camps during WW2

We paid those reparations a long time ago.

There’s a colorable argument that America also owes Japanese residents and Japanese-American citizens reparations for putting them in concentration camps during WW2

This is the problem with Americans. We don’t know our own damn history...

So, now that Japanese residents have been paid reparations, are we allowed to *study* whether African American residents can be paid reparations?

as far as I can see, no on here is arguing we shouldn't/can't study the issue.

If I was running the Trump 2020 campaign, I would do everything I could to keep this in the headlines for the next 18 months. I can't think of anything more likely to guarantee 4 more years of Trump than Fox News proclaiming that Democrats are planning to make you write checks to black people for something you didn't do and the black people getting the money didn't even endure. (Those aren't my words, those are the words I'm guessing Fox would use)

Reactions: ONW
If I was running the Trump 2020 campaign, I would do everything I could to keep this in the headlines for the next 18 months. I can't think of anything more likely to guarantee 4 more years of Trump than Fox News proclaiming that Democrats are planning to make you write checks to black people for something you didn't do and the black people getting the money didn't even endure. (Those aren't my words, those are the words I'm guessing Fox would use)

You should send this to the trump campaign !!!

The Japanese reparations were to living persons who had their liberty directly taken by the government.

This is a claim for reparations for wrongs that go back hundreds of years.

The idea of upper class minorities who were born to upper class minorities getting a check based on identity would cause a huge political blowback. I am sure it plays well in certain academic circles however.

Last edited:
GTFO with that garbage.

LOL. There's plenty of evidence Republicans want to limit representation of minorities in government. Where's your evidence otherwise?

The Japanese reparations were to living persons who had their liberty directly taken by the government.

This is a claim for reparations for wrongs that go back hundreds of years.

The idea of upper class minorities who were born to upper class minorities getting a check based on identity would cause a huge political blowback. I am sure it plays well in certain academic circles however.

Why are you sure about this ChrisL? Shockingly, you are wrong again based on what I know about this debate in academia.

The original statement is as true as saying black people are lazy.

That's a lazy post, Stan. Why don't you answer my question? What are Republicans doing to boost minority representation in government?

You don't have an answer, so you're just going to be angry at the question as if we should just assume white people working against minority interests don't have ill intent.

Back