• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rob Reiner making Mueller Report movie

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
I guess he has his interns read the board.

It's being reported that it will be a movie with people like DeNiro, Rosie Perez and others reading the report.

Although Reiner is one of the greatest filmmakers of all time, he may not be the right guy for this project. For about half a century, Reiner has been an unapologetic, out-front liberal. From Nixon through Reagan, the Bushes and Trump, he has been a loud voice in opposition. This will make him and his collection of stars the biggest targets imaginable for the Trump/Fox attack machine. They will spend millions upon millions in time and effort to attack every bit of the show and those who present it.

Reiner should be able to get his movie out by the end of the year to put him in line to win the Oscar for Best Documentary. This will also make the project a target as "Hollywood elite".

The format currently being proposed is dramatic readings. This is a very elitist. Lots of people will watch a little but not all as they will find it boring.

Also, only the penguin movie and Fahrenheit 9/11 have done as much as $75M at the box office. Unless, Reiner maintains total control, by going to theaters first it may not have much time to get to TV before the election.

I have no doubt that Reiner will do an amazing job, but TV may have been a better way to go to get to the largest number of Americans.

Once again, the board is ahead of the rest of the country.

I think it’s just a short 5 minute reading and it’s already been released.

This is just going to make Trump supporters all the more virulent. I just hope that it's well done and fair and not some Michael Moore over the top kind of thing.

This is just going to make Trump supporters all the more virulent. I just hope that it's well done and fair and not some Michael Moore over the top kind of thing.

Everything makes trump supporters more virulent. They are antibiotic resistant superbugs of American politics.

Obama wore a tan suit and they thought it was over the top.

If this is it, Reiner made a mistake...

Back