• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Boomers ruined everything

They talk about the crime wave of the 60's and 70's, but don't make the logical link that's it was the boomers who were aged 18-30 in that window and committing all the crimes.

I guess it is idiotic to think MILLENNIAL adults should take some responsibility for themselves rather than blaming others who did terrible things like send them to Wake and grad schools and business, support them, etc. It's SAD and HILARIOUS to think its the fault of boomersthat subsequent generations aren't handed the world on a silver platter.

Our generation created amost of what yyou MILLENNIALS uses. no iPods, no PCs, no shopping malls...no surround sound....no microwave popcorn....

first you call us hippers adn flwoer children. then you call us greedy capitalists.

NAH! You need to put the bong down.

I agree with you wholeheartedly James Sokolove! You’re a man after my heart, but I’m taken!

If millennials had took the time to get off their lazy asses and voted in 2016, we wouldn't be stuck with Trump. They ruined everything. Amirite RJ?

I guess it is idiotic to think MILLENNIAL adults should take some responsibility for themselves rather than blaming others who did terrible things like send them to Wake and grad schools and business, support them, etc. It's SAD and HILARIOUS to think its the fault of boomersthat subsequent generations aren't handed the world on a silver platter.

Our generation created amost of what yyou MILLENNIALS uses. no iPods, no PCs, no shopping malls...no surround sound....no microwave popcorn....

first you call us hippers adn flwoer children. then you call us greedy capitalists.

NAH! You need to put the bong down.

do you really think that it would help?

If Boomers suck so hard does that mean The Greatest Generation sucked at parenting ?

If Boomers suck so hard does that mean The Greatest Generation sucked at parenting ?

They were absentee parents because they were too busy fighting the great war, and moms were working in the factories. Day care wasn't a thing back then.

They were absentee parents because they were too busy fighting the great war, and moms were working in the factories. Day care wasn't a thing back then.

No. "Baby boomers" were born AFTER WWII. The soldiers came back home, thus the boom in having babies. But there may be something to being poor parents within the social upheaval related to coming back from the war.

the greatest generation instilled something in boomers for them to want to grow up and create participation trophies for their kids

No. "Baby boomers" were born AFTER WWII. The soldiers came back home, thus the boom in having babies. But there may be something to being poor parents within the social upheaval related to coming back from the war.

My bad. I forget the exact date cutoffs on these things.

Perhaps the Boomers' self indulgence was always going to be a characteristic of a generation in a time period where the US was the unquestioned leader in the world. They certainly inherited the Earth (and perhaps killed it)

The Living Years

Mike + The Mechanics

Every generation
Blames the one before
And all of their frustrations
Come beating on your door

Back