• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Utah St.

Good job, Charlotte. My worry is their inexperienced OL vs or thin DL. Every play they gain experience and we get more tired. We can't have any 30 second 3 and outs on offense. I think the fact that 2 frosh lead the D in tackles at yesterday's scrimmage should be a wake up call to the upperclassmen. The old timers step up, 28-13 Deacs!

Good job, Charlotte. My worry is their inexperienced OL vs or thin DL. Every play they gain experience and we get more tired. We can't have any 30 second 3 and outs on offense. I think the fact that 2 frosh lead the D in tackles at yesterday's scrimmage should be a wake up call to the upperclassmen. The old timers step up, 28-13 Deacs!

Do we know how many snaps the freshman played in the scrimmage compared to the upperclassman?

Do we know how many snaps the freshman played in the scrimmage compared to the upperclassman?

Only heard that Boogie only played about a dozen snaps. He will have to be double teamed or Love (Utah State QB) will get to know him up close and personal.

The effect is that they are replaceable if the they don't produce. TE, DT are positions that we don't have the numbers to go three deep in heat.

That'd be really tough to figure out sans video of the entire thing, and they're not exactly giving that out. I can tell you there were almost exactly 100 plays, that the first-team offense and defense were probably out there for about 25-30 plays (could be more accurate, but my play-by-play notes are at the office and I'm at home).

But they mixed 1s and 2s a lot (to see which 2s could play with other 1s). And as noted, some of the 1s didn't fall back and play with the second-team, they were just finished.

That'd be really tough to figure out sans video of the entire thing, and they're not exactly giving that out. I can tell you there were almost exactly 100 plays, that the first-team offense and defense were probably out there for about 25-30 plays (could be more accurate, but my play-by-play notes are at the office and I'm at home).

But they mixed 1s and 2s a lot (to see which 2s could play with other 1s). And as noted, some of the 1s didn't fall back and play with the second-team, they were just finished.

I was just wondering if the biggest reason for freshman leading in tackles is they played more snaps then the vets.

I was just wondering if the biggest reason for freshman leading in tackles is they played more snaps then the vets.

Oh, yeah, it absolutely is. Chase Jones probably took 2-3 times as many snaps as, say, Strnad. Jones is good, obviously, that's why Clawson has said he's going to play more than 4 games. But the scrimmage stats are always going to be influenced by how many snaps guys take, and because Wake has been so healthy, the 3s have gotten a ton of reps -- including in the scrimmage.

I wrote a story last night about how much healthier Wake is than in past years. It is now posted below.

Last edited:
Probably to give us time to breathe. You’re putting out a lot of good content, Conor. Thanks.

Oh, yeah, it absolutely is. Chase Jones probably took 2-3 times as many snaps as, say, Strnad. Jones is good, obviously, that's why Clawson has said he's going to play more than 4 games. But the scrimmage stats are always going to be influenced by how many snaps guys take, and because Wake has been so healthy, the 3s have gotten a ton of reps -- including in the scrimmage.

I wrote a story last night about how much healthier Wake is than in past years. For whatever fucking reason, it's been more than 12 hours since I filed it and it's still not online.

Please do not jinx us.

Thanks for all the content you've been pumping out. It's been so great for someone who lives five hours away to be able to keep up with Wake in a way that I wasn't before. Kudos.
Also in the article you say the game is on Thursday, not Friday.

Thanks man.

That part means this Thursday, like tomorrow, because that's when Utah State prep will start.

Also, on the jinxing -- figured it wasn't a jinx to say what has (or hasn't) happened in the past 20 days, compared to years past. It's not like I published that it'll continue into the season, because we have no way of knowing that right now.

It will not be encouraging if Wake can't generate a run game against USU. Nice job Charlotte.

Utah State's run defense is actually supposed to be good this year. I have a feeling the run game comes out slow, but that's 100% a personal guess.

We're goin to rack up 500+ yards, score a TD on either ST or Def, and win like 2+ scores. Book it

USU CB Ja'Marcus Ingram has transferred to TT, and started practicing with the Red Raiders on Tuesday. He has started the last two years for USU when healthy: https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27429524/ex-utah-st-cb-ingram-joins-wells-texas-tech

Not sure if he was considered one of the returning corners for those handicapping USU's returning talent.

With the two safeties and now one starting corner gone, USU could be very vulnerable to deep passes. Wake O-line performs and gives Newman a little time and there could be a lot of explosive plays by the receivers.

Back