• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Utah St.

Still not much consideration for new staff new schemes from Les. We don't know whether it's going to be high powered or not yet

Don't want to give anything away.
We'll see it when we see it and, hopefully, will be pleased.

I think people should take a deep breath about this Jordan Love guy and remember the absolute waxing the Deacs gave to Dave Gettleman's dream man and future Peyton Manning - Daniel Jones. Jordan Love is child's play compared to that beast of a QB!

Comments in the article that are given little play: lost 2 of top three receivers. Lost 4 of 5 offensive linemen. Key to the game will be Wake's D-line taking advantage of inexperience (at least as a group) of the Utah State O-line so Love has no room to throw and his new receivers have no time to get open.

Comments in the article that are given little play: lost 2 of top three receivers. Lost 4 of 5 offensive linemen. Key to the game will be Wake's D-line taking advantage of inexperience (at least as a group) of the Utah State O-line so Love has no room to throw and his new receivers have no time to get open.

Wake lost it’s share of o lineman too.

References to numbers of starters lost in the off season by sportswriters as highly indicative of chances in the subsequent season can lead to very faulty conclusions about all teams (U. State and WF). Without fully considering the quality of returnees replacing former starters, an evaluation of either opponent built primarily around the quantity of lost starters is not especially revealing of likely results.

Can definitely be helpful though.

Utah State had an absolute ton of returning starters last year. Same for Wake in 2006. Both had historically successful seasons

References to numbers of starters lost in the off season by sportswriters as highly indicative of chances in the subsequent season can lead to very faulty conclusions about all teams (U. State and WF). Without fully considering the quality of returnees replacing former starters, an evaluation of either opponent built primarily around the quantity of lost starters is not especially revealing of likely results.

No need to get it from reporters. If you look at their depth chart, Utah St. lists the number of starts and career games played. Lost to graduation: LT Andrus with 25 starts, playing 25 games, Center Ficklin with 25 starts playing 25 games, RG Castaneda with 25 starts playing 25 games, and RT Taylor with 23 starts playing 23 career games.

They have returning Senior LG Iniguez with 23 games played and 14 starts, Soph LT Alfred Edwards who started 10 games and played in 11 (he alternated at LT with Andrus who also played LG, I guess somewhat like Gilliam has done for us) and Junior Demytrick Ali'ifua who started 4 games and played in 25 games. So two guys coming back with good starting experience and one backup. Nobody else has played in a game unless they get a JUCO or transfer and I haven't seen anyone that they've brought in at those positions (as of a month or so ago).

This is such a massive game to keep the bowl streak going I feel. Has the same feel of having to win both Tulane games in order to reach 6 wins.

I think we'll come out very differently than the poor effort against Tulane last year. We're at home. We're being overlooked. We wont be starting a qb who has never played a college game. This will be a chance to make a statement, not just hope to not get tripped up.

Our redshirted freshmen and sophomores will outperform their juco transfers. Henderson and Bassey aren’t afraid of their receivers at all and Love won’t have all day to throw. There is no way they score the 60 points it will require for them to win.

I don’t understand their hype. They have a good quarterback surrounded by a community college team.

Final score: 59-24

Our redshirted freshmen and sophomores will outperform their juco transfers. Henderson and Bassey aren’t afraid of their receivers at all and Love won’t have all day to throw. There is no way they score the 60 points it will require for them to win.

I don’t understand their hype. They have a good quarterback surrounded by a community college team.

Final score: 59-24

Not that I think our offense will be a problem throughout the season but you think we will score 59 on the first game of the season, replacing 3 starting OL, and Dortch/Bachman?

Not that I think our offense will be a problem throughout the season but you think we will score 59 on the first game of the season, replacing 3 starting OL, and Dortch/Bachman?

Meh, it's talking season.

I seriously don't think we see much drop off in O-line or WR positions, though. Newman doesn't seem to lock in on single targets and as long as Washington and Surratt are healthy, then they should be pretty physically imposing.

Meh, it's talking season.

I seriously don't think we see much drop off in O-line or WR positions, though. Newman doesn't seem to lock in on single targets and as long as Washington and Surratt are healthy, then they should be pretty physically imposing.

I think more depends on Hinton than we may suppose. Dortch is the most difficult player to replace and, as far as I know, Hinton is the only one who comes close.

Back