• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Utah St.

Allen has shown flashes of being very good. He had one series against State that was exciting. I'd like to see him stay at DE because he has the physical tools to be special.

Seems to be a solid contingent of USU fans that think they'll beat us in the opener. Didn't see this posted earlier in the thread:

https://www.usufans.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=49819

Thanks for posting. Worth reading. Actually some pretty good analysis, pro and con, about both teams. Many think the big difference maker will be USU DL > WF OL. Also, quite a few have concerns about USU due to new coaching staff and so many new players.

USU O-line vs Wake D-line will also be intriguing. Four new starters. Only LT started last year. All the prospective new starters are young class-wise and in FB game experience. One is older, having done his Mormon mission before last FB season.

If Boogie and company can keep the all-everything USU QB uncomfortable and keep their running game in low gear, Wake would have a good chance of winning.

Utah State listed as a potential upset over LSU.
Guess we'll have a pretty good idea how likely this is after our first game.

https://247sports.com/college/wake-...-Crimson-Tide-LSU-upset-alert-2019-133833658/

Heard that NFL scouts anticipate that all 11 starters on LSU's 2019 defense will be NFL draft picks when they are eligible. Joe Burrow is the best QB that LSU has had in forever. This is the best LSU team in a while. LSU has been prone to inexplicable losses in the past (lost to Troy at home in 2017) and Ed Orgeron is always a concern on the sidelines, but this year's USU team has no chance in Death Valley against the Tigers. USU should be game planning to keep Jordan Love healthy for the Mountain West schedule.

Going to Austin after we beat Rice. Ill give a first hand report. Texas lost 9 starters on defense so I expect a track meet.

Will ACCN games be streamed on the ESPN app or will it be a standalone with an additional subscription?

https://247sports.com/college/wake-...State-in-part-3-of-ACC-Kickoff-QA--133879468/
On the promotion and marketing campaign taking place
Strnad: “Driving around Winston, you see the signs and stuff. We’re getting that build up and momentum going into the year. Opening up against a team like Utah State, it’s going to be important to have fans there. A lot of people don’t realize this is going to be a very tough game in week one. We need the win, and they’re a very talented team. It would help nothing more than to have a sold out crowd.”

https://www.bloggersodear.com/2019/...ll-demon-deacons-clawson-newman-hartman-deacs
On the defensive side, the Aggies should be just as good, if not better, than they were last year. They return a couple of key players in David Woodward, a 2018 Pro Football Focus 1st Team All American at linebacker, and Tipa Galeai, who finished last season with 10 sacks. They are also getting back a lot of experience at the corner back position on a defense that was ranked 9th on passing downs by S&P+ last season. DJ Williams is the player in the secondary the Wake QBs will need to be aware of; he finished last season with 4 interceptions and 11 passes defended. The biggest challenge for the USU defense going into the season will be replacing the loss of both starting safeties, who combined for 124 tackles, 6 interceptions, and 7 passes defended in 2018. The Deacs could try to exploit that loss early by going deep in the passing game.

Will ACCN games be streamed on the ESPN app or will it be a standalone with an additional subscription?

Everything I can find is that it is a standalone. At this point the only major carriers are Google Fiber, DirectTV, and the higher dollar Hulu TV, not Hulu. No Spectrum, Comcast, Uverse,....

Everything I can find is that it is a standalone. At this point the only major carriers are Google Fiber, DirectTV, and the higher dollar Hulu TV, not Hulu. No Spectrum, Comcast, Uverse,....

Isn't the ACC Network going to be like the SEC Network? At least with regards to it being partnered with ESPN, or whatever that relationship is? If so, the SEC Network stuff is on the on the ESPN streaming platforms. At least for me - though I do get the SEC Network on my cable lineup.

Back