• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Utah St.

accsports.com (you need an ID and password to access the article) currently has an article up saying that, as we are closing in on the start of the Fall college sports season, most cable companies (including Spectrum) and Dish Network have yet to agree to carry the ACC Network and that it appears the ACC Network games will not be streamed via the ESPN app. Obviously, a lot can change over the next 3 weeks, but it sounds like if you don't have DirecTV, Verizon FIOS, Play Station Vue or Hulu Live TV, you are in jeopardy of not having access to any of the content televised on that channel. The first major even for the Network is the GT @ Clemson game on August 29.

Seems like Uverse will get it if DirecTV has it. Same ownership and all.

accsports.com (you need an ID and password to access the article) currently has an article up saying that, as we are closing in on the start of the Fall college sports season, most cable companies (including Spectrum) and Dish Network have yet to agree to carry the ACC Network and that it appears the ACC Network games will not be streamed via the ESPN app. Obviously, a lot can change over the next 3 weeks, but it sounds like if you don't have DirecTV, Verizon FIOS, Play Station Vue or Hulu Live TV, you are in jeopardy of not having access to any of the content televised on that channel. The first major even for the Network is the GT @ Clemson game on August 29.

I have VerizonFIOS and get the SEC and BIG10 stations with a basic+ package. Not clear to me if I will get the ACC deal too or have to choose another ( more expensive ) package from Verizon.

For the past couple years I've been getting almost all Wake football games via two local NYC TV networks....no complaints.

Am worried this ACC Network will somehow screw this up.

Greg Cosell, of NFL Films, gave glowing praise to Jordan Love while on Colin Cowherd show. (7-31st) He said that he'll be a top ten QB pick. Which will be 1st or 2nd day in next years draft. It will be a great test for us.

Greg Cosell, of NFL Films, gave glowing praise to Jordan Love while on Colin Cowherd show. (7-31st) He said that he'll be a top ten QB pick. Which will be 1st or 2nd day in next years draft. It will be a great test for us.

The last top ten QB we played was a major test for us.

On today's show, he told Cowherd that he's a top 5 pick. Compared him to Carson Wentz.

Bassey and Smenda looked jacked in those pictures. Strnad looks tiny compared to both. Hartman looks much bigger. Nice article and pics Conner.

will be interesting to see if Anderson (meet the new boss, same as the old boss), will be able to adjust to having a throwing QB. He is a run game coach. Their QB sounds very good, but they also lost a lot at WR from last year's team.

will be interesting to see if Anderson (meet the new boss, same as the old boss), will be able to adjust to having a throwing QB. He is a run game coach. Their QB sounds very good, but they also lost a lot at WR from last year's team.

They also lost 4 of 5 starters on the O-line. Some of the projected new starters have not played a down of FBS football.

to me, that's even bigger than the loss of their prior year WRs and one of their RBs.

https://247sports.com/college/wake-...-prep-for-1st-Fall-Camp-scrimmage--134372056/
On what he’s looking for out of the scrimmage
Clawson: “We’ll keep it basic and see who can play fast. The scrimmage is always the first time coaches aren’t on the field screaming to get aligned. Without the coaches there, who can execute and get lined up? A lot of times that determines who’s the three and who’s the four. Before a player can win you a game, they have to be able to not lose you the game. Once they can not get you beat, then it’s the next step.”

Thought I heard the early line on this game is WF -3.

WF should be favored given their losses, but Utah State has brought in 50, yes five zero, new players to the their roster. Including a RB transfer from BYU who rushed for 110 yards in BYU's bowl win, a starting receiver from Utah and a bunch of JUCOs. In the opener, WF should have a big edge from a continuity perspective as Utah State will have a new coach (but an experienced one in Gary Andersen), and a ridiculous number of new players. Really hard to know how a team like that will come together. It will help Utah State that they have a stud QB, who was invited to participate in the Manning Passing Academy along with Tua Tagoailoa, Trevor Lawrence, Jake Fromm, Justin Herbert among others.

Lots of unknowns for the opener.

Gary Anderson was god awful at Oregon St but was decent at Wisconsin. He also had one good season in his previous stint at Utah St.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Andersen

I've got PS Vue and love it. Pumped that I can watch the first game!

We act like we've never played against a good quarterback before...we're in the ACC. If we can run the ball I think we'll be fine.

That would make sense, but Uverse has the Pac-12 network and DirectTV does not. Uverse also recently dumped the NFL Network, but DirectTv has kept it.

Pretty sure I still get NFL Network and RedZone as part of the Sports Package.

Back