• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Utah St.

We act like we've never played against a good quarterback before...we're in the ACC. If we can run the ball I think we'll be fine.

We went 2-3 against good quarterbacks last year (Clemson, ND, Syracuse, State, Duke). That means we went 4-3 against less than good FBS quarterbacks (including bowl game).

We went 2-3 against good quarterbacks last year (Clemson, ND, Syracuse, State, Duke). That means we went 4-3 against less than good FBS quarterbacks (including bowl game).

Those numbers might hint that the supporting cast around the good quarterbacks and the not so good quarterbacks played a role in the wins and losses.

The Utah State good QB is surrounded by a supporting cast of questions at wide receiver and in the offensive line. That offense goes nowhere if the Wake defensive line has their way with the newly constructed Utah State offensive line. Some of the projected starters have not played a down of FBS football.

Pretty sure I still get NFL Network and RedZone as part of the Sports Package.

Have you checked recently? I believe the change happened in April. I was at a friends house and he had RedZone, but NFL Network was gone.

Last edited:
accsports.com (you need an ID and password to access the article) currently has an article up saying that, as we are closing in on the start of the Fall college sports season, most cable companies (including Spectrum) and Dish Network have yet to agree to carry the ACC Network and that it appears the ACC Network games will not be streamed via the ESPN app. Obviously, a lot can change over the next 3 weeks, but it sounds like if you don't have DirecTV, Verizon FIOS, Play Station Vue or Hulu Live TV, you are in jeopardy of not having access to any of the content televised on that channel. The first major even for the Network is the GT @ Clemson game on August 29.

I just read Spectrum picked up the ACC Network.

How many good FBS QBs are we facing this year?

Have you checked recently? I believe the change happened in April. I was at a friends house and he had RedZone, but NFL Network was gone.

You're right, I checked at lunch and it's gone. Also, they don't have an agreement for ACC Network yet. Will probably give it another week or so to see if they pick it up and switch back to Spectrum, if not.

2 is the correct answer. Love will be the 2nd best qb we face in the regular season.

PFF has the FSU QB ranked (35) slightly ahead of Hartman/Newman (37). Love and Trevor Lawrence are the only other QBs ranked ahead of Wake's pair.

PFF has the FSU QB ranked (35) slightly ahead of Hartman/Newman (37). Love and Trevor Lawrence are the only other QBs ranked ahead of Wake's pair.

That’s pretty damning of the ACC. UVA’s QB has gotten favorable press that I’ve seen.

I'd imagine the Utah State fans are saying....

Wake lost they're 2 best receivers, #2 RB and 2 OL starters on offense.

They see we lost 3 starters on the line plus 2 DB starters on an - at best - average defense.

Of course like us, they're probably unfamiliar with the new starters some of whom look pretty good.

Looks like a pure pick'em game to me.

They see we lost 3 starters on the line plus 2 DB starters on an - at best - average defense.

Of course like us, they're probably unfamiliar with the new starters some of whom look pretty good.

Yep. Pick ‘em.

I pick Wake.

One big difference is that the guys Wake is putting into starting roles have been at Wake a while and gave significant FBS playing time prior to this year. The Wake "new guys" include Justin Herron, starting his sixth season of FBS football.

Some of the Utah State guys probably still need campus maps.

WAKE BIG. Clawson has his team ready to ROLL.

Those things make me nervous.

Hearing Clawson say that our tackling was poor in our 1st scrimmage and knowing we lost our two best tacklers...yeah, makes me worried.

Those things make me nervous.

Hearing Clawson say that our tackling was poor in our 1st scrimmage and knowing we lost our two best tacklers...yeah, makes me worried.

The first scrimmage was also one of the first hard tackle practices. Sometimes it is difficult to go hard after your team mates.

I am sure tackling is something we need to work on....always seems to be. However, if the Wake coaches were satisfied with everything and we fans had no worries we might win a game. After the dramatic change in defense/coaching and our second half improvement on D- I think we are starting out way ahead of last year and will be much better defensively from the opening kick-off. I am also sure after spring and fall camps. the players are ready to hit someone else... can't come soon enough.

Back