• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

vadimivich

Reaction score
Pre-season is already underway for some European teams, so figure it's about time to start a new thread for the new season!

Speaking of pre-season, my 3rd Division Austrian team hosted Celtic for their first friendly yesterday ... Celtic won 2-1, was pretty awesome day in our tiny ancient stadium.

Also, the new Ivorian forward for Celtic who was in Slovakia last year (Vakoun Issouf Bayo) ... he's going to score 20 goals+ up in Scotland and I can't wait until he's linked to Everton in 2 years. Scored the winner yesterday, looked just a class above the other players on the pitch in terms of his athleticism and movement.

K9rCCv9.jpg

Sounded like Andrew Gutman put in a pretty good performance in the back for Celtic. I’m curious if we will see him again in Charlotte.

Sounded like Andrew Gutman put in a pretty good performance in the back for Celtic. I’m curious if we will see him again in Charlotte.

Have to say I didn't really notice him much (to be fair, Austrian 3rd division players should not really be much of a test for Celtic's backline to begin with and virtually never threatened). The only defender I really noticed was Kristoffer Ajer, the Norwegian international who looked excellent.

"Arsenal will have to pay Crystal Palace £100m to sign Ivory Coast forward Wilfried Zaha, 26, this summer. (Mail on Sunday)"

Yeah, that's going to happen.

"Arsenal will have to pay Crystal Palace £100m to sign Ivory Coast forward Wilfried Zaha, 26, this summer. (Mail on Sunday)"

Yeah, that's going to happen.
Lol wasn't the rumor just 80 mil like ... Yesterday?

I'm sure Emery is going to spend that much on a forward when he already has two good ones.

Maybe spend half that on a competent defender.

I feel like Juventus is signing or attempting to sign players with no real vision of what formation they will utilize or what players would fit said scheme going forward.

Lol wasn't the rumor just 80 mil like ... Yesterday?

and 60 million the day before...

Zaha transfer fee speculation taking on BitCoin like properties...

Can you imagine the # of penalties he'll win when he starts diving for a TOP SIX club?

Sidenote: he is a good player but not worth that money.

Negotiations with Madrid over Christian Eriksen may have begun. Sad but makes sense for all parties.

L'Equipe reporting that Spurs and Lyon have agreed to a €62m base fee + escalators for Tanguy. Only thing left is to finalize personal terms.

And here. We. Go.

Really excited to have Gomes locked up at Goodison. Not sure if we'll pay the $$$ needed for Zouma, but God I hope so.

Jack Harrison back to Leeds on a season-long loan.

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/25105/leeds-united-sign-jack-harrison-ben-white

Sounds like their other good young Jack, Jack Clarke, may be sold to Spurs but loaned back. I heard good things about Clarke, watched him once and he looked promising, then he had a weird seizure on the bench, and I kind of lost track after that, but Leeds fans were super high on him.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...eds-united-mauricio-pochettino-ryan-sessegnon

New contract deal for MonsterRash

Incentive laden, which is smart for both sides. I think Rashford is about to break out into being a world beater.

Kid just has a nose for the game.

Is anybody else unconvinced by Harry Maguire and think he is a bit overrated?

United offering a reported 70 mil for him has me scratching my head.

Jack Harrison back to Leeds on a season-long loan.

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/25105/leeds-united-sign-jack-harrison-ben-white

Sounds like their other good young Jack, Jack Clarke, may be sold to Spurs but loaned back. I heard good things about Clarke, watched him once and he looked promising, then he had a weird seizure on the bench, and I kind of lost track after that, but Leeds fans were super high on him.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...eds-united-mauricio-pochettino-ryan-sessegnon

Happy to have both Jack's back at Elland Road. May this be the year Leeds moves up and I can take part in this season long thread. Back to the Championship thread for me. Have a great year.

Happy to have both Jack's back at Elland Road. May this be the year Leeds moves up and I can take part in this season long thread. Back to the Championship thread for me. Have a great year.
We all hate Leeds scum

Back