• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

that is crazy cheap for that talent despite the concerns around his body being broken

Young Big Sepp still not cleared by FIFA; no official news on Harvey Elliott, either, but they may be trying to downplay that one due to his age and a potential tribunal.

Apart from Tranmere and the first half against Dortmund, Liverpool have been pretty sloppy this preseason -- first half against Dortmund was still kind of sloppy, but at least they created chances. Only glimmer is that Bascombe, who isn't usually part of the sycophantic local propagandists, but is kind of terrible in his own way, said that they are still looking to sign a first team player. I think he said a versatile left-footer, which could be, like, Pepe, I guess (has played on the left and through the center, but blew up from the right), or Firpo, or some retread like Phillip Max (underwhelming). I guess a Coutinho return could still happen, but I just don't see it. Maybe they pull Havertz out of nowhere, at least on a Keita-type year wait deal. I don't know, man.

Tough to tell too much without the front three, Alisson, Keita, and Shaqiri. Origi has looked sharp, at least. The young guys are either not quite ready, imo (Brewster, Hoever, Larouci), or are solid, but probably won't make it at Liverpool (Wilson, Kent, Lewis). I haven't seen enough of Duncan, who definitely looks more like a forward/striker than a wide attacking option, and I kind of could see Curtis Jones explode -- he can at least play in the attacking positions and in midfield -- but those are tougher to tell.

Hudson-Odoi signs a five year extension with Chelsea, worth 100k a week.

that is crazy cheap for that talent despite the concerns around his body being broken

Yeah, it's a really weird one. Despite Betis saying he was in perfect medical condition, I find it hard to believe there wouldn't be more clubs interested at that price unless his knee is seriously messed up. At that price I'd take the chance anyway, but that's probably why I'm not in charge of money.

18 year old forward with ZERO senior league goals to his name gets 100k/week

comical.

Last edited:
18 year old forward with ZERO senior goals to his name gets 100k/week

comical.

Chelsea trying to beat ManU in "Who can have the worst contract in the PL...."

Would put the Sanchez contract at the top of the list, though Bale at RM probably takes the cake.

Hudson-Odoi is also out most of next year with an Achilles injury, too, I think. People are really high on that 2000 class, though, with Sancho, CHO, Foden, and Brewster.

Joelinton official to Newcastle for 40 mil. I like both Haller and Joelinton, so it will be interesting to compare them next season.

Last edited:
Rafa gotta be pissed, like wait I leave and y'all have 40 mil all the sudden?

Rafa did a lot with that Newcastle team utterly bereft of talent to keep them safe and then some.

Rafa did a lot with that Newcastle team utterly bereft of talent to keep them safe and then some.

Newcastle is a sleeping giant. Excuse me for not thinking keeping that club from being relegated is a success for any manager.

media speculation that United are moving away from Maguire and interested in Koulibaly instead

I'd be much more excited about that if it happens. Which it won't.

Yeah, I would like that move too, so it defs won't happen.

Also see a rumor that Galatasary have bid €2million to sign Fred on loan. Maybe they know what a Fred does?

I'm hopeful (and excited) that Andreas will get more run this season. He is a talent and will pick up on that Ander Herrera shithouseary that United will sorely be lacking.

Newcastle is a sleeping giant. Excuse me for not thinking keeping that club from being relegated is a success for any manager.

ok but you're blaming management for the problems of ownership

Back