• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...h-attack-on-completely-stupid-jordan-pickford

My sincerest thoughts and prayers go out to Liverpool during this most difficult time as Virgil van Dijk's injury is the first in Premier League history. :(

It really is remarkable, the victimization complex of the Shite

We signed a CDM (Gbamin) for 25M as a direct replacement for Idrissa Gueye last year and he's played in one game in 15 months due to three different leg issues.

Injuries happen, Christ get over it. I'm wondering if LFC and their media stooges are just framing the narrative so that less interest is paid to how underwhelming of a season they are having. It was always going to be a struggle, as they're cycling off of their wonder juice.

I feel like in the last week we've been treated to the full Brasky experience.

1. We have him decrying the evils of the "Sky6 clubs" who are both "soulless corporate machines" and the beneficiaries of a conspiracy organized and designed to unjustly provide them favorable refereeing decisions.

2. We have him using these perceived injustices to call for Everton to injure Liverpool's "highest valued players" with the suggestion that they "shatter an achilles" or "break a leg or two."

3. And then in the wake of the actual derby where his "Sky6" refereeing conspiracy theory was shown once again to be utter nonsense, and his dream that Everton injure Liverpool's best players actually comes true, he admits to joy and "gloating" where his club "earned" a point at home in a rivalry where it has not won one game in a decade.

You can't say that Brasky is ever boring.

Unhinged yes, but boring, no.

James out this Sunday due to the effects of the late tackle laid on him by VVD at the beginning of the Derby. I assume every British pundit well spend the next week discussing it and that it’s okay to send VVD and his family death treats.

"It is not that I want every player punished but it is something we all agree on – if you do something wrong, you have to deal with the consequences. At this moment there are only two people dealing with the consequences: Virgil van Dijk and Thiago Alcântara.”

Didn't Richarlison get a red card? Why are they acting like he got away with it?

"It is not that I want every player punished but it is something we all agree on – if you do something wrong, you have to deal with the consequences. At this moment there are only two people dealing with the consequences: Virgil van Dijk and Thiago Alcântara.”

Didn't Richarlison get a red card? Why are they acting like he got away with it?
Because they are whiny wussies?

i know there aren't many posters left on this thread from 2011 or whatever but i don't remember everyone being mad at ramsay/arsenal when shawcross snapped his leg and they talked about it for a long time.

glad to know it isn't right to be upset when a clear red card isn't called which sidelines your best player for the entire year, and your team loses points as a result, and the system that is in place to review these types of referee errors either wasn't used or wasn't used correctly.

y'all just let the liverpool fans on this board know when we can complain about anything

glad to know it isn't right to be upset when a clear red card isn't called which sidelines your best player for the entire year, and your team loses points as a result, and the system that is in place to review these types of referee errors either wasn't used or wasn't used correctly.

y'all just let the liverpool fans on this board know when we can complain about anything
You lot complain about everything all the time anyway, you clearly aren't waiting on permission from others.

:rolleyes: Are we really surprised that Liverpool's players are pissed that Pickford's "tackle" went unpunished. This isn't really that controversial.
The quote from Klopp mentioned the Thiago incident as well, where Richarlison was sent off and will miss 3 matches as a result. Consequences.

i know there aren't many posters left on this thread from 2011 or whatever but i don't remember everyone being mad at ramsay/arsenal when shawcross snapped his leg and they talked about it for a long time.
I told beck to get over it many times

And demon09 too. May that handle RIP.

Marcus Rashford is the best of us. What a beautiful person.

The referees did review it and since it wasn’t violent conduct (it was clumsy, but Pickford was making a play on the ball) and the play was dead from the offsides, he was not given a red card for fouling a player who had an obvious goal scoring opportunity. You can complain about the rules, but the officials got that one right.

The offsides was also extremely tight, but also correctly judged. I get that you normally benefit from these calls, but every other fan base has had this VAR offsides line BS happen. Get over it.

James out this Sunday due to the effects of the late tackle laid on him by VVD at the beginning of the Derby. I assume every British pundit well spend the next week discussing it and that it’s okay to send VVD and his family death treats.

He somehow has made a miraculous recovery and is training and could feature Sunday. Just amazing.

He somehow has made a miraculous recovery and is training and could feature Sunday. Just amazing.

LOLZ I sorta suspected that it was just Carlo taking a jab at the eternal victims across the park... god I love that man. That being said I hope he treads lightly with our sweet baby James. I'd rather he sit or come off the bench this weekend if he's not fully recovered.

Also his type of shithousery and snide is soooooo welcomed at the club. We've been the quiet little brothers for too long.

The referees did review it and since it wasn’t violent conduct (it was clumsy, but Pickford was making a play on the ball) and the play was dead from the offsides, he was not given a red card for fouling a player who had an obvious goal scoring opportunity. You can complain about the rules, but the officials got that one right.

The offsides was also extremely tight, but also correctly judged. I get that you normally benefit from these calls, but every other fan base has had this VAR offsides line BS happen. Get over it.

It wasn't violent conduct is was serious foul play. And I'm fairly certain that is not the correct call by the rules - misconduct is still a red card even if the play is called back.

It wasn't violent conduct is was serious foul play. And I'm fairly certain that is not the correct call by the rules - misconduct is still a red card even if the play is called back.

After doing a little more reading you may be right, its is subjective for serious foul play. Just like Henderson's attempted kick out at Allan and Mane's leg sweep of Mina away from play. Both of which were intentionally violent and made no play for the ball. If we want to go back and give all three of them red cards I'd be okay with it. But you can't just focus on the Pickford incident because of the result, and that's why the rest of the football world is rolling their collective eyes at the shite.

Back