• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Gotta see what happens with the CHO rape allegations. But with Michy probably not really wanted, and Giroud, Willian, and Pedro getting up there, I don't really think they need to look to unload.

Gotta see what happens with the CHO rape allegations. But with Michy probably not really wanted, and Giroud, Willian, and Pedro getting up there, I don't really think they need to look to unload.

Oh shit totally forgot about that. OK never mind Everton renounces the right to CHO.

Mel Reddy emphasizing the priority will be extending Alisson and Van Dijk is a little worrying to me. Hey, that's great, but you also need to freshen up some.

Any Everton rumors going on? I saw Gbamin got hurt again, which is rough.

Oh shit totally forgot about that. OK never mind Everton renounces the right to CHO.

I could see Loftus-Cheek moving on before CHO, all things being equal if nothing comes of that, and he'd be someone I'd definitely consider taking a chance on, considering the terms. He needs to play now. Coming off a rough injury, though.

I think RLC might have just extended, too, I forget. He's from London and might just want to stay and he fills homegrown rules. Not a bad type of player to just have around, but who could still step up a level.

Mel Reddy emphasizing the priority will be extending Alisson and Van Dijk is a little worrying to me. Hey, that's great, but you also need to freshen up some.

Yeah I think we'll just have to give up on Gbamin. Torn his achilles during rehab from his year long leg injury and is out 6-8 months. Personally I would have never bought a large player with such skinny legs. Its sad.

The ongoing Gabriel (Lille CB) saga is probably the #1 rumor. I think it is clear we are going in for a left footed CB.

After that we get linked to every player in Serie A or who played for Ancelotti. James, Rabiot, Allan, etc.

Moise Kean going back to Italy is also floated fairly regularly. Sadly no stories about people wanting to buy Siggy, Schneids, or Bolasie. Also the stats nerds keep trying to sell us on Iwobi but I just don't see it.

Everton's fourth best player Alex Iwobi*

Richy, DCL, Holgate, Digne best Iwobi by a mile. I'd also probably had Mina and Bernard ahead of him. Maybe Siggurdson if we played on 40 yard fields.

Also Walcott has done far more in an Everton shirt than Iwobi. No arguing he's really that good anymore, but he's been better than Iwobi.

eee i hate to put holgate behind iwobi, ok fifth best player

mina and bernard no way

If the plan is to keep the gang together they need to extend Gini also. It’s going to suck when Mane or Salah says I want to go to Barca/Madrid/PSG.

Agree, that would make sense. I wonder if they aren't giving him the number of years he wants, or something. They better not ruin two summers for me !!!!!

Yeah, sounds like Klopp's reported Zoom call with Werner in April was him telling Timo they weren't going to swing it this year. Guess I'm expecting no big moves, maybe only a centerback if Lovren leaves on the free -- though I'd be happy with a one year extension for him at this point. Guessing Shaqiri is gone for a medium-sized fee, Lallana is gone on a free, and they just see who among Minamino, Jones, Elliott, and maybe Harry Wilson, can fill those roles. Wilson as a Shaq-lite makes sense to me. Give Brewster a full year on loan.

I don't like it, though I'm sure I'll talk myself into it, but given all the weirdness, seeing if Wilson and Grujic can stake any kind of squad claim isn't totally crazy. Maybe Havertz/Sancho/etc stay put one more year, and you make a run at one/both next year, or see who explodes in the meantime. Fucking pandemic. Squad still def one of the best in Europe and in a good window age-wise, so I'm just going to have to deal and cross my fingers for no big injuries to front 3, Van Dijk/Alisson, Trent AA.

Liverpool v Crystal Palace will be held at Anfield, NOT a neutral venue.

Yerry Mina also picked up an injury in training and won't be ready for the restart.

EZu0FfNX0AIbKmz

Just gonna get all my anti-Liverpool sentiment out now before the restart, and just say that the Liverpool women got relegated to the Championship after the season was abandoned. The women's team has basically been abandoned in the last two/three years by the club.

Yeah, I guess Chilwell's a little younger and will have the homegrown/English thing going for him that Robertson doesn't, but I think 60 is prob the min at which Liverpool would think about it -- which is kind of crazy to think about! Andy Robertson for 60 mil at least? Doesn't seem quite right, so I don't know, but I guess Kyle Walker went for something similar at about the same age?

Last edited:
Back