• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

LOL. As much as want United to lose, how can a tackling defender control how his foot follows through off a ball in a tackle?

Yet another case of where it would be wise for the PL to have the discussion between the VAR asst. ref and the CR's conversation played for everyone to hear. I'd love to hear their thought process on that decision...

Damn fine header by Maguire but I do agree that he used Pieters as a springboard to win the ball.

True. Just as good of a question as: How can a player win a penalty by stepping on the defender’s foot?

POGGGGGSSSSSSS

What a fucking side volley. He's so good. Great ball by Rashford to pick him out at the top of the box as well.

1-0 to the Premier League Leaders!

That was a really nice goal. Took a deflection, but great ball in my Rash and a great hit by Pogba

Every match Everton is up by one goal gets five mins of stoppage time. Down a goal? We’re lucky to get three. It’s unreal.

(TBF Pedro Neto laid on the ground for five mins earlier and then somehow continued, so that why. Today it’s actually warranted)

Last edited:
Top of the table, boys!
It's hard to fathom but this is the first time United have been top of the table in January (or later in the season) since 2013, SAFs last season in charge.

Won it that year so go ahead and put Manchester United Football Club's name on the trophy.

I think the Shaw decision was a good one but I would listen to an argument that the defender didn’t make a real effort on the Maguire one. I guess when you extend your arm and shove it’s getting called.

Man United sold Fosu-Mensah to Leverkusen for 1.5 mil -- which is cheap for his talent but he was out of a contract this summer, so better than nothing, I suppose.

I hope he kick starts his career there as I think he could be a very good player if he can stay healthy and get a run of games.

Arsenal now 12 points off the PL leaders having played a game more. Man, I just really wish Man United had Arteta as manager instead of the "PE Teacher" that we currently have in charge. :( womp womp

Y'all I'm so fired up for Sunday's match between Man United and Liverpool that I feel like I'm jumping out of my skin.

It has been a long, long time since I felt this way about a United match. Euro Cup final was awesome, but didn't feel like this. I've always said, and truthfully feel, that the League is the ONE trophy that makes a season a success. That is the mark of a champion. Equal matches home and away against all competitors and most points (generally) wins. It is as fair as a way to determine a champion that we know.

This is also the first United side in a while (last 2015/16) that I felt had a will to never give up and always leave it out there on the pitch. MUFC may not take all 3 points on Sunday, it is in Liverpool's backyard afterall, but I know that they will battle until the end no matter the scoreline. And that's down to the manager.

So people can roll their eyes at Ole or think he isn't good enough because he isn't a "big name", but I trust what results tell me, what my eyes tell me. Ole is a good manager. A year ago today United were 20+ points off the top. Now we are 3 points clear with a great chance to make it 6 clear.

And that isn't all down to Bruno Fernandes as awesome as he is or no matter how much anybody wants to make that lazy analysis.

Keep calm.
And.
GET FIRED UP!

Back