• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

St Iker (1)
FDB (1) - Varane (1)
Carlos (4) - Salgado (2)
Makelele (3) - Seedorf (3)
Kaka (2) - KDB (5)
Messi (7) - Henry (6)

when i'm putting my teams together i don't really know jack shit about the 90s apart from what i remember from FIFA Road to the World Cup 98

Last edited:
Just noticed this, but Ribery costing 2 quid more than Robben seems kind of silly. Got a couple other minor quibbles I suppose, but I'm not putting in the effort to come up with that list, so I'm not gonna put in any effort to whine about a few things. Ribery over Robben stands out though.

GK Kahn - 2
CB Kohler - 3
CB Puyol - 3
FB Thuram - 2
FB Roberto Carlos - 4
CM Davids - 4
CM Kante - 3
CM Modric -4
AM Ronaldinho - 5
AM Robben 2
ST Batistuta - 3

0keXRJf

Tenacious midfield and creativity on the wings, including Carlos bombing forward. Little Luca running the show.

Last edited:
Yeahhhh, maybe switch Robben for Rivaldo for me, and Nesta for Van Dijk, though Varane/Van Dijk is like my dream. Tough to leave out Nesta. Saw him tear up his knee in person in the '98 World Cup, Austria/Italy at the Stade de France. That meant they brought on Bergomi, though, which was cool in itself.

Italy started that tourney with a back four of Nesta, Cannavaro, Costacurta, and Maldini. Nesta tore up his knee and they brought on the LEGEND Beppe Bergomi.

Saul (Niguez) is announcing a new club in a couple of days. United been heavily linked; obviously anyone would be interested, but they've been the name I've seen the most. Obviously, Madrid and Barcelona are options, PSG. That's about all I can imagine. Big fan of Saul.

Saul (Niguez) is announcing a new club in a couple of days. United been heavily linked; obviously anyone would be interested, but they've been the name I've seen the most. Obviously, Madrid and Barcelona are options, PSG. That's about all I can imagine. Big fan of Saul.

the twitter consensus is that this is some kind of publicity stunt and that he isn't actually switching teams.

That would not be a shock.

Did you watch the 4 minute highlights of the intra-squad scrimmage yesterday? Not totally thrilled to see Fabinho pickpocketed to almost give up a goal in the first clip. Good times. Everyone sort of looked fat. Alisson def not been doing the cardio work in the lock down. Half of them were wearing sneakers, I think. Good to see Naby do a couple of Naby things.

That would not be a shock.

Did you watch the 4 minute highlights of the intra-squad scrimmage yesterday? Not totally thrilled to see Fabinho pickpocketed to almost give up a goal in the first clip. Good times. Everyone sort of looked fat. Alisson def not been doing the cardio work in the lock down. Half of them were wearing sneakers, I think. Good to see Naby do a couple of Naby things.

nobody was really tackling so there were like seven slaloming runs in the four minutes. bobby, alisson, and gomez all looked a little heavy. is shaq still hurt or just done with lfc?

I think it's probably a bit of both with Shaqiri. He's been seen driving into Melwood, but neither he nor Clyne have been seen on the pitch. I think they are probably both doing individual programs to rehab and maintain fitness, but I think any Shaq minutes the rest of the year will go to Minamino/Jones. It's a bummer, Shaqiri's the perfect change of pace/approach player for this squad, but I guess it's better to see what those two can offer at this point anyway, since they'll def be there next year and he seems gone.

Just noticed this, but Ribery costing 2 quid more than Robben seems kind of silly. Got a couple other minor quibbles I suppose, but I'm not putting in the effort to come up with that list, so I'm not gonna put in any effort to whine about a few things. Ribery over Robben stands out though.

Robben at 2 given that list is a damn bargain.

And I'm not sure what Albertini is doing on that list... like at all.

Iker (1)
Thuram (3)
Nesta (3)
Rio (2)
Evra (1)
Makalele (3)
Pirlo (4)
Ronaldinho (5)
Zidane (6)
Robben (2)
van Basten (5)

I win.

Oh wait, I didn't grab enough players from the 2010s group.

sub out Nesta for Pique and Ronaldinho for Neymar.

Never forget when man flew.

oh man, this is really going to start in two weeks isn't it? lets gooooooooo

A Spurs player tested positive for COVID. They're removing all the lasagna from the training centre.

Back