• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Liverpool is just a different level than Arsenal can cope with, one lazy defensive rotation and they have an easy chance, scored twice and it could (should?) have been more. Arsenal have no creativity in the few chances they do get on the ball, just spend the fucking money on Aouar already.

I'm not sure this formation change is working for Arsenal. Seems like having your in form CB playing instead of your worst CM would make more sense when you have no plans to possess the ball.

I'm not sure this formation change is working for Arsenal. Seems like having your in form CB playing instead of your worst CM would make more sense when you have no plans to possess the ball.

Yeah not ideal, also the choice to not have Ceballos in there when he's by far our best midfielder at breaking a press seems suspect too. Arteta hasn't made too many tactical mistakes since he was appointed but it seems he missed the mark here.

I think Arsenal have to make changes at halftime. I think Ceballos for El Neny is a must and I wouldn't mind Pepe for Willian either. Then let Laca run himself at the Liverpool backline for another 15 minutes or so and bring on Nketiah. Maybe lightning strikes twice and they gift us another goal.

Glad they ignored it but I'm going to need an explanation on Jota's goal not being called back as a handball directly leading to a goal.

Glad they ignored it but I'm going to need an explanation on Jota's goal not being called back as a handball directly leading to a goal.

It's actually in the FA handbook: "All rules are subject to be ignored if the result of the decision goes against Arsenal."

As I said earlier, Liverpool are a different level to Arsenal. Haven't lost at Anfield in the league in over 3 years so it was always unlikely we would get a result today. That Laca chance was huge, Ceballos not starting a clear mistake on Arteta's part. Midfield quality is desperately needed, get the deal done for Aouar, try to get Partey over the line too, just ANYONE right now.

Oh and Mane 100% should have seen red in the 3rd minute, I fucking hate the justification, "It was too early for a red."

Way to roll out a shit back three against Asthma FC Arteta. You really are good for nothing.

Also the Sane forearm to Tierney’s face, that’s a straight red for a player on 17 other clubs in the division.

Way to roll out a shit back three against Asthma FC Arteta. You really are good for nothing.

Also the Sane forearm to Tierney’s face, that’s a straight red for a player on 17 other clubs in the division.

It wasn't the back three, Willian and Bellerin fell asleep on both first half goals for Liverpool. I thought Holding played really well and Luiz was fine.

Also I watched/listened to the last 30 mins on my phone while riding the bike. Streamed perfectly on the iPhone app. I have no idea what you people are complaining about.

When NBCGold was launched three seasons ago it was infinitely worse. Like the app just didn’t work for the first two months, and it froze and died constantly. And it cost the same amount of money.

It wasn't the back three, Willian and Bellerin fell asleep on both first half goals for Liverpool. I thought Holding played really well and Luiz was fine.

I can’t tell is this is even more serious or not.

Need you red turds to win this coming weekend against Villa so we can both come into the derby undefeated, yes?

I can’t tell if this is serious or not.

I can’t tell is this is even more serious or not.

The first one is extremely sarcastic, the second one is just factual. Holding actually performed well against the best frontline in the league, he wasn't at fault for any of the goals. Bellerin and Willian both should have done better on Mane's and Robertson's goals.

Gooner is quite a homer.

el oh el coming from you.

I was referring more to Luiz
He was trash...as per usual

If you think he's been trash then it's clear you haven't watched Arsenal a ton (which I don't blame you, you're very clearly a Man U fan, not a Premier League as a whole fan, which is fine). Luiz has had some classic Luiz nightmare games (away to City on the restart, for example) but has largely been solid, if unspectacular. Last night he was fine, a solid 6/10. I thought he had moments where he looked a little shaky but Liverpool make the best players in the world look shaky on a weekly basis, let alone players like David Luiz. Everything else was OK, no clear errors, he did as well as he could against the pace of Liverpool's front three and played a few of the only progressive passes we had on the night.

Also those who live in glass shitty center back houses shouldn't throw stones. Luiz would be the best CB on Manchester United's roster and I don't think it is close.

Back