• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

fuuuuu what a save by Allison

great ball across by Shaw, who has been United's best player today by far

What is the difference? Just having to look up which channel matches are on?

Some of you clearly don’t remember the dark pre-NBC deal era.

If you’re a non-Sky6 fan this is the fourth year of a vast majority of your matches being broadcast on a $5/mo NBC channel. If you’re a Sky6er you didn’t have to pay extra for your matches until now. They don’t understand their own privilege, which is not surprising.

Anyhoo didn’t watch El Plastico but sounds like is was a bore. Told y’all to watch my boy HOPPE and Schalke instead. 15 mins to go and three whole goals have been scored, including one by our guy.

If NBC needs to push everyone to Peacock in order to maintain their excellent PL coverage, then I’m happy to pay $5. We have the best PL viewing/streaming coverage in the entire world. We get more games and better production value than the Brits, and it’s far cheaper to watch here than in the UK.

Oh and Everton are only 5 points out of 1st with a game in hand. Only a point off of 4th. Great results this weekend for us even though we didn’t play due to Villa’s COVID outbreak. Of course that same depleted Villa side was forced to play the Shite in the FA Cup last weekend.

Last edited:
If NBC needs to push everyone to Peacock in order to maintain their excellent PL coverage, then I’m happy to pay $5. We have the best PL viewing/streaming coverage in the entire world. We get more games and better production value than the Brits, and it’s far cheaper to watch here than in the UK.

Oh and Everton are only 5 points out of 1st with a game in hand. Only a point off of 4th. Great results this weekend for us even though we didn’t play due to Villa’s COVID outbreak. Of course that same depleted Villa side was forced to play the Shite in the FA Cup last weekend.
Again, FA and PL rules are different re: Covid. It's not the conspiracy that your brain perseves it to be.

I can’t find a clear favorite halfway through the season. That’s good!

Again, FA and PL rules are different re: Covid. It's not the conspiracy that your brain perseves it to be.

Not claiming a conspiracy, just pointing out the inconsistency of COVID postponement enforcement. The PL has been picking and choosing what to enforce as they go. They completely abandoned their initial rule that said that you had to play if you had 15 available players without any announcement or clarification. Teams have been forced to play with COVID positives, and others haven’t. There has been zero transparency.

If you don’t think certain clubs are manipulating the limp leadership of PL to their advantage then you’re just as naive as the millions of blissfully ignorant simpletons who support your club.

Last edited:
tenor.gif

Not claiming a conspiracy, just pointing out the inconsistency of COVID postponement enforcement. The PL has been picking and choosing what to enforce as they go. They completely abandoned their initial rule that said that you had to play if you had 15 available players without any announcement or clarification. Teams have been forced to play with COVID positives, and others haven’t. There has been zero transparency.

If you don’t think certain clubs are manipulating the limp leadership of PL to their advantage then you’re just as naive as the millions of blissfully ignorant simpletons who support your club.

I was pissed that Spurs didn't get to play against Villa's u19s last Wed. But I read somewhere, that all those youth players that played in the cup are not registered in the PL squad, so Villa didn't have 14 able bodies.

nah, clubs are allowed unlimited players under 21 in the Prem so they don't need to "register" them

nah, clubs are allowed unlimited players under 21 in the Prem so they don't need to "register" them

Yep, and the PL even said before the season they clubs would have to field U21s if they didn’t have enough healthy players. Then they didn’t enforced that rule. Sometimes. That smokey room in London is devious y’all. You can’t take your eyes off the Tory scum that run English soccer.

Gotcha, then it is complete bullshit then. But I assume teams aren't making a huge deal about, because it could come back to haunt them when/if they have an outbreak.

It could be the PL is more worried about potential spreading of Covid from one team to another but I don't know if they've ever said that publicly before.

Why don't PL teams have better kit sponsors? There are millions of people all over the world watching and half the teams have some sort of 'Bet69 ?>#@*%}' logo on their kits. I mean you had/have the random Samsung/Chevy at times, but you would think some global brands like Apple/Coke/Google/Mercedes et al would want in.

Back