• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Going over during our spring break, April 11-16. Going to TOT-EVE, a Fulham match and one or two other lower leagues matches around London.

TV (who was my grade at Tabor - his sister was in your class) is living in London for grad school this year. We’re gonna drink beers and go to matches all week.

My last solo trip as a non-parent, so we gotta live it up.

This sounds terrific, btw. Totally jealous.

ah sounds like a great trip man, i'm jealous

craven cottage might be my favorite place to watch a match in the world, that'll be amazing

i'm going for work so the weekend matches are best for me unless it's arsenal midweek--my office there is about 10 minutes on the bus from emirates

still haven't seen everton senior team live, so this would be my first time

I saw Everton beat Man City at Goodison in May 2011. Sat right in front of the U18s at that time. Bunch of nice kids.

That was the day before I saw Chicharito score in the first minute vs Chelsea at Old Trafford on the way to a 2-1 win which pretty much locked up the Premiership trophy.

The mid-week fixture previous to that weekend, can't remember if it was a Tu or Weds, United romped Shalke at home in the CL semi-finals to get to the final (which we won't talk about). IIRC, Anderson-son-son got a BRACE in that match. Pretty sure he shat on Fabregas as well.

Holy shit. What a trip with my dad.

Which local matches, brasky? Gonna see my boys, Dulwich Hamlet?

Some Colombian guy tried to pick a fight with me at pickup last week because he thought my Hamlet t-shirt was some lower-league South American team.

Haha, appears that TV attends my (other other) alma mater. I have several friends with degrees from his department.

Which local matches, brasky? Gonna see my boys, Dulwich Hamlet?

Some Colombian guy tried to pick a fight with me at pickup last week because he thought my Hamlet t-shirt was some lower-league South American team.

Possibly, I need to sit down and figure out the master schedule. If they play on Monday or Tuesday we can definitely make it happen. Only certain matches right now are Ev-Spuds at the weekend and Fulham-Somebody on Wednesday night.

If VAR didnt exist
5e57f6661971dc0591daab65b64b0809.jpg

WolVARhampton Wanderers. It was staring us all in the face the whole time.

Just stumbled across the Napoli-Brescia match and SUPER MARIO.

While his time at Anfield was an awful experiment, I do love the stories that came out after he left. My favorite being that he pretended to never know who Joe Allen was and feigning a hamstring injury during practice to be able to get the new iPhone 6.

No surprise that west ham most affected in terms of position. We've gotten monumentally screwed on several occasions this season

Just stumbled across the Napoli-Brescia match and SUPER MARIO.

While his time at Anfield was an awful experiment, I do love the stories that came out after he left. My favorite being that he pretended to never know who Joe Allen was and feigning a hamstring injury during practice to be able to get the new iPhone 6.

Might watch this tonight, I like Tonali on Brescia.

Vialli and Mancini! The terrible twins! I gemelli del gol!

gianlucca-vialli-roberto-mancini-sampdoria-gc3aanes-1991.png

Last edited:
Nothing redeemable about that match. Spurs are toothless without Kane, Son, and Eriksen out there. Plus I've learned never to expect anything good to happen when the team is playing at the Bridge or has a chance to jump a rival for a spot in the table. It's hopeless.

Like most, surprised Lo Celso wasn't sent off but slo-mo definitely made that challenge look worse than it was in real time. No intention to injure Azpi while trying to box him out but I couldn't have argued it were he sent off.

eta: After reading around a bit, seems some fans are delusional on both ends (Lo Celso was trying to attack Azpi vs. Azpi was endangering himself by sliding under LC's foot). I don't know why it's so hard to accept that LC was trying to box out and also that he should be off. This isn't a case of a defender flying carelessly into an attacker playing the ball (as if Azpi had landed a shot on LC's ankle). Spurs have had many of those un-called against opponents as well this season.

Last edited:
Nothing redeemable about that match. Spurs are toothless without Kane, Son, and Eriksen out there. Plus I've learned never to expect anything good to happen when the team is playing at the Bridge or has a chance to jump a rival for a spot in the table. It's hopeless.

Like most, surprised Lo Celso wasn't sent off but slo-mo definitely made that challenge look worse than it was in real time. No intention to injure Azpi while trying to box him out but I couldn't have argued it were he sent off.

eta: After reading around a bit, seems some fans are delusional on both ends (Lo Celso was trying to attack Azpi vs. Azpi was endangering himself by sliding under LC's foot). I don't know why it's so hard to accept that LC was trying to box out and also that he should be off. This isn't a case of a defender flying carelessly into an attacker playing the ball (as if Azpi had landed a shot on LC's ankle). Spurs have had many of those un-called against opponents as well this season.

100% agree with you. Thought the shortened version of the slow-mo replay they kept showing made it look much much much worse than it was (at least from an intent standpoint). Wouldn't have upset if the red had been given; glad Azpil wasn't seriously hurt.

Dele needed to start. If Moura is going to play we need him running behind the defense not trying to be a creator in the middle of a congested field (I like him off the bench more, personally). Davies, Winks both had v bad games. Ws hoping NDombele would grow into the game as it went on but alas it didn't come together today. With no real CDM to speak of, Lamela is almost a must start at this point since he's the only player with any real edge and ability to frustrate opponents when they are on the ball.

Watched clips of the Tottenham Chelsea match.... .Lo Celso loosely translates to "Grayson Allen".....

Back