• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

He meant to stud him. I have no doubts. That was a dirty as fuck challenge.

That was not a natural football tackle. We all know this; those that have played/followed/etc the sport for a long time. That was some dirty bullshit.

i'm with dv7 on this for sure

nasty one

dunno what anyone else is watching here, sure romeu has turned his head but he could have easily stopped himself and avoided contact, but he lunged a foot in instead, look at the position of his foot for crying out loud

I'm not trolling. I'm just not convinced by your evidence.

Should have been a yellow and probably a red, in my opinion.

The best evidence is the fact that dude does this kind of stuff all the time

Ok, I've rewatched several times. The most telling thing for me is the double step OR does with his right leg immediately before the stomp. What he's doing is readjusting his balance -- a readjustment that would have naturally happened with his *left* leg -- so that he can stomp.

Absolutely and undeniably deliberate.

Awful ending in the Wolves match. Burnley gifted a penalty in the final seconds of stoppage time via VAR, score. A Burnley player went up for a bike, so Doherty was protecting his face from cleats going straight for it, ball hits Doherty's arm, penalty.

Wolves effectively out of the champions league running. This was a brasky-esque protection of United and Leicester imo.

Awful ending in the Wolves match. Burnley gifted a penalty in the final seconds of stoppage time via VAR, score. A Burnley player went up for a bike, so Doherty was protecting his face from cleats going straight for it, ball hits Doherty's arm, penalty.

Wolves effectively out of the champions league running. This was a brasky-esque protection of United and Leicester imo.

Doherty didn't look to be that close to Wood and had his arm up and out.

if anything is called on that play it's dangerous play for the insanely high kick in a crowded box, never a penalty, doherty doesn't know the first thing about the ball and his arm was only in an unnatural position because he was afraid of getting kicked in the face

"didn't look close to wood" my ass

if anything is called on that play it's dangerous play for the insanely high kick in a crowded box, never a penalty, doherty doesn't know the first thing about the ball and his arm was only in an unnatural position because he was afraid of getting kicked in the face

Here is a clip...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1283475790106177538

He came into an aerial challenge with his arm in front of him. A defender would just need to put their arms out every time to get a dangerous play.

If he keeps his arm down, its a dangerous play.

Back