• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

I wish United played a brand of football that allowed them to get penalties in the box. THEY NEVER GET THE CALLS!!!

people are starting to bitch about Man United and the refs again.

been far too long since I've seen that.

United fan...

Really been given a ton of penalties this season and last.

Pogba scored most of his goals last season from the spot and now Rashy has.

Bruno is taking over now.

Just have to chill when they talk about goals per game at the end of the season cos it inflates their contribution a lot!

Also here's a thread of six 100% penalties there were not given to Everton this season, all reviewed by VAR. VAR is exactly what I expected it would be, a tool used to influence games in favor of the Liverpools and ManUs of the world. VAR actually makes match fixing easier.

Last edited:
people are starting to bitch about Man United and the refs again.

been far too long since I've seen that.

Moss blew the call but no bitching from me. United ran away with the game from there and deserved the 3 points. It's hard not to be impressed with United's front 4 and an in form Pogba behind them. Matic is playing well too although I would think United would want younger legs in that role before too long.

Heard on the Football Ramble podcast that Liverpool are getting a "tunnel of honor" before every match now, and how that has never happened before. You normally get the one Guard of Honor and that's it.

What's the deal with that Liverpool fans? Why are y'all so needy? Are you sad that nobody cares about your first PL win? Wasn't setting your own city on fire enough?

United fan...

Really been given a ton of penalties this season and last.

Pogba scored most of his goals last season from the spot and now Rashy has.

Bruno is taking over now.

Just have to chill when they talk about goals per game at the end of the season cos it inflates their contribution a lot!

Goals scored, to me, just shows how often you are in/around the oppositions area in dangerous positions. The more you are in those positions, the more goals any side is likely to score. So for teams a penalty isn't too different than an open-play goal in that regard. At least in my mind.

Now, talking about individual players' goals scored numbers, I see the argument more there because they might not have been involved at all in the buildup that led to the penalty, yet they scored the goal from the spot. Its a bit more suspect than a team's total goal scored numbers.

Moss blew the call but no bitching from me. United ran away with the game from there and deserved the 3 points. It's hard not to be impressed with United's front 4 and an in form Pogba behind them. Matic is playing well too although I would think United would want younger legs in that role before too long.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I really don't think it was a bad call. I could see it not given, but Konsa lunged in and that let the situation develop.

If I see you lunge in and jump to avoid your leg but still land on your leg when I come down, then that isn't a foul on me, that's a foul on you.

I wouldn't be pissed if it wasn't given but I'm just saying that Konsa shouldn't be lunging in like that in his penalty area as that risks contact like that. It's the same idea as not throwing your arms out from your side. Sure, you didn't mean to handle the ball, but you did because you weren't careful about your body positioning.

It was a careless challenge.

bruno-fernandes-of-manchester-united-is-fouled-by-ezri-konsa-ngoyo-of-picture-id1255274727

Heard on the Football Ramble podcast that Liverpool are getting a "tunnel of honor" before every match now, and how that has never happened before. You normally get the one Guard of Honor and that's it.

What's the deal with that Liverpool fans? Why are y'all so needy? Are you sad that nobody cares about your first PL win? Wasn't setting your own city on fire enough?

You think Liverpool told all the teams to do this and they agreed? Maybe the other clubs have a lot of respect for the players and manager and are displaying that respect.

I really hope Chelsea doesn't bother with this when they play at Anfield in a couple of weeks.

Never happened before? What are you on about? City had about 5 when they put up 100 spot. But sure, make sure you stick with your narrative.

Never happened before? What are you on about? City had about 5 when they put up 100 spot. But sure, make sure you stick with your narrative.

Take it easy on Brasky. This has been a difficult time for his blues, particularly after Liverpool lapped Everton.

PL match centre already confirmed it was the incorrect decision not to overturn the penalty.

"I know I'm in the minority here"

I don't have a problem admitting when United get a wrong decision going their way. I just am not so sure that happened on that play.

I'd be annoyed at a United defender for lunging in for a tackle in the area if the roles were reversed.

Back