• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Sounds like Højbjerg to Spurs is done for around £15M. Upgrade over Winks anyway.

Ake to City for £41M. Certainly better than Stones or Fernandinho.

Palace looking close to signing Fraser who's out of contract. I think that would be a great pickup. Think he'd fit well with Ayew and Zaha. Similar to two years ago when King and Wilson were in form.

Every time I watched Ake this season I wasn’t impressed (as opposed to last season). I know a low tide lowers all ships but yeah, we’ll see. Probably a decent price for both teams.

Ake is a good player and fits Peps way of playing, but City really lack some muscle in their spine and 5'11" Nathan Ake isn't going to solve that issue. He won barely over half of his aerial challenges last season. City will remain susceptible to set pieces and crosses if he is the regular partner of Laporte.

Flip side is that his ball playing ability will help them control the ball more, so he's got that going for him. Which is nice.

Man United have canceled the remainder of Alexis Sanchez's contract (2 more years) for a "small" payoff and he has joined Inter Milan on a free.

Getting out of his 400k/week contract is rumored to be saving United about 40 million pounds.

Disastrous transfer is finally over. Has there ever been a more pointless "big name" swap deal than Alexis Sanchez for Henrikh Mkhitaryan?

5 goals in 45 apps from Sanchez for MUFC
9 goals in 59 apps from Mkhitaryan for AFC

Man United have canceled the remainder of Alexis Sanchez's contract (2 more years) for a "small" payoff and he has joined Inter Milan on a free.

Getting out of his 400k/week contract is rumored to be saving United about 40 million pounds.

Disastrous transfer is finally over. Has there ever been a more pointless "big name" swap deal than Alexis Sanchez for Henrikh Mkhitaryan?

5 goals in 45 apps from Sanchez for MUFC
9 goals in 59 apps from Mkhitaryan for AFC

about 29k pounds per touch for sanchez at united

CONSPIRACY ABOUND!!!!

[FONT=&quot]The league also confirmed that it would fully implement Fifa’s VAR protocols from next season. The controversial technology had been used differently in England to a number of other countries, including a recommendation that referees should not use their pitchside monitors.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Clubs voted unanimously for the protocols, meaning that there will be increased use of monitors [/FONT]

:jfk:

CONSPIRACY ABOUND!!!!

:jfk:

Glad to see that consistent pressure from message board warriors like myself have forced the Sky Six clubs into amending the league rules in order to provide better transparency and limit corruption.

You are welcome.

It was always fucking moronic that referees were told to not use the pitchside monitors, though of course the very few times it was used it was almost always against Arsenal so maybe I shouldn't be so enthused

Looks like Höjbjerg to Spurs is done pending medical. Does a lot of unsexy things and should be a nailed on starter for Mou. Hopefully he unlocks Gio and Tanguy a bit.

This vad hottake from two years ago:

The one thing he struggled with at PSG in particular was managing *tough* egos. Arsenal has a couple of those (HI AUBAMEYANG) that could blow up the dressing room under him. That would be my concern far more than tactics.

So glad that Aubameyang is at Arsenal so I can without reservation cheer against him. Was tough when he was at Dortmund since I have a softish spot for them. He's a tuuuuuuuuuuurbodouche. If he gets all petulant and wrecks the dressing room there like he did at Dortmund I will love every second of the car crash.

Is almost as good as this one:

Emery, Auba, and Lacazette are gonna rule The Ship !

This vad hottake from two years ago:

It turns out that Dortmund at best likely exaggerated Aubameyang's personality and spun it against him because he was asking out and at worst straight up made shit up and lied about him because all of the "issues" he apparently had and the reports of him being selfish and a bad teammate were wildly inaccurate.

Not sure 23 is a "young player" either but I'll give Henderson a break as a keeper. He was the best in the league this season, so I think he deserves it most.

It turns out that Dortmund at best likely exaggerated Aubameyang's personality and spun it against him because he was asking out and at worst straight up made shit up and lied about him because all of the "issues" he apparently had and the reports of him being selfish and a bad teammate were wildly inaccurate.

Yeah, he's not only been very productive, he's seemed like a very positive guy. And obviously he's earned a second, big, contract, so something must be going right. He's also shown versatility moving between wing and up top. I thought that peak Ozil would really help PEA, but I don't even know what peak Ozil is anymore. A feathery touch through midfield would really help PEA exploit defenses though.

I like Mount for young player of the season.

It will likely go to Martial or Greenwood (who actually meets what should be the definition of a "young player") but if it goes to Mount I wouldn't be upset. He adapted fairly well to the Premier League from the Championship with a large amount of pressure to perform being promoted to the first team by Lampard after his Derby stint.

Back