• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

since mike ashley bought a controlling share in 2007, they were relegated twice, and apart from the 11-12 season when they finished 5th under pardew, rafa has been the best manager of the lot

rafa got them promoted by winning the championship and then finished mid-table in the prem twice with net spending of -10m over 3 seasons

their club player of the year those three years was dwight gayle, ayoze perez and ayoze perez. woof.

Sky now going with 180k a week for Hudson-Odoi. That's crazy, if true.

Not a replacement, but Everton, along with Wolves, Napoli, and Valencia are being linked with Lille striker Rafael Leao. I've heard good things about that kid.

Frees up Lo Celso to Tottenham as well. Really liking Spurs business this summer.

Yeah, if they get Tanguy, Lo Celso, and Sessegnon(s?), that would be solid. I don't know, do you want another attacking/striking option? I guess those moves push Dele back further forward, though.

Last edited:
Yeah, if they get Tanguy, Lo Celso, and Sessegnon(s?), that would be solid. I don't know, do you want another attacking/striking option? I guess those moves push Dele back further forward, though.

At this point Son seems to be the clear option up top when Kane isn't available, and Parrott will get some of the cup appearances. Maybe another older striker to stick on Llorente style late in games, but can't imagine moving for anyone else.

I'd love to see a new RB. Trippier was fucking awful most of last season (that right hand channel between him and the glacial Alderweireld was exploited over and over and over and over and over by nearly every team, and he was targeted on set pieces constantly) and I don't trust Aurier at all.

I love Klopp, but him doubling down on the "like a new signing" shit does me in. I get it, I really do, mostly with AOC more than Gomez and especially Lallana, but god man. Just give us one more exciting versatile attacking option. There are so many dudes out there who could contribute now and be long term options. It could work out -- if the front three stay healthy anything is possible -- but, just, why test it? I don't know. Maybe he knows next year the new front three will be Sancho, Havertz, and MBAPPE and he's just playing it cool.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...ive-jurgen-klopp-explains-liverpools-16634983

Last edited:
Idrissa Gueye to PSG imminent? There are rumblings.

They wanted him back in January, and Gueye wanted to go, but the club wouldn't let it happen. There's been rumors floating since then that the club made him a deal that they'd let him go if PSG met their evaluation (30 million ish) in the summer. Since then he's played the best football of his career, and now the club want 40m+ plus for him. That being said, most "insiders'' think he'll go for somewhere in the 30-35 range. We've been scouting his long-term replacement all summer (Sangare, Gbamin, Cyprien, Tameze all linked) and signed Delph to help out in the MF too.

At this point I'd be pretty surprised if he didn't end up at PSG.

Sessegnon is going to fizzle at Spurs. They move him back to LB, he'll struggle initially, and they will buy over him in the next 12 months. He'll probably be back at Fulham in 30 months.

Also for the love of god can y'all please free CCV, he's never going to get a real chance there. Sell him to a championship squad and let him work his way up. Wish Chelsea would do the same with Miazga, I'm glad he's loan out this early, just wish it was permanent.

They wanted him back in January, and Gueye wanted to go, but the club wouldn't let it happen. There's been rumors floating since then that the club made him a deal that they'd let him go if PSG met their evaluation (30 million ish) in the summer. Since then he's played the best football of his career, and now the club want 40m+ plus for him. That being said, most "insiders'' think he'll go for somewhere in the 30-35 range. We've been scouting his long-term replacement all summer (Sangare, Gbamin, Cyprien, Tameze all linked) and signed Delph to help out in the MF too.

At this point I'd be pretty surprised if he didn't end up at PSG.

it's endlessly frustrating to me that since moshiri has come on board and we've pumped $300MM+ into the squad we effectively have a midfield of andre gomes and fabian delph

it's endlessly frustrating to me that since moshiri has come on board and we've pumped $300MM+ into the squad we effectively have a midfield of andre gomes and fabian delph

Yeah, it sucks. The issue is that at almost half of that 300M was spent on mediocre players that aren't good enough to start for a Top 10 club.

Klaassen, Bolasie, Tosun, Walcott and Schneiderlein all cost over 20M each. Sandro was a cheap buy out clause, but were paying him over 100K/week. Pre Marcel Brands (new DOF) buying has set this club back a half a decade. Until their wages are gone we'll never truly compete for top talent.

Yeah, it sucks. The issue is that at almost half of that 300M was spent on mediocre players that aren't good enough to start for a Top 10 club.

Klaassen, Bolasie, Tosun, Walcott and Schneiderlein all cost over 20M each. Sandro was a cheap buy out clause, but were paying him over 100K/week. Pre Marcel Brands (new DOF) buying has set this club back a half a decade. Until their wages are gone we'll never truly compete for top talent.

Additionally frustrating that we seemingly have a lot of young talent in and around the club that languished while we went on the spending spree, and we've loaned or sold some promising youth too.

Up top, three 21-22 year olds: Richarlison, Calvert-Lewin, Lookman.

In midfield, Tom Davies is 21 and Beni Baningime is 20.

In defense, Kenny is 22 (and everyone else is old as shit).

Vincent Janssen off to Monterrey in Liga MX. Sad he didn't pan out; thought he was one of the Eredivisie strikers whose game would translate. Oh well.

Sessegnon is going to fizzle at Spurs. They move him back to LB, he'll struggle initially, and they will buy over him in the next 12 months. He'll probably be back at Fulham in 30 months.

Also for the love of god can y'all please free CCV, he's never going to get a real chance there. Sell him to a championship squad and let him work his way up. Wish Chelsea would do the same with Miazga, I'm glad he's loan out this early, just wish it was permanent.

CCV has played 64 matches in the Championship over the past 2 seasons ... not sure what the concern is with his development path. He's playing week in and week out, and Spurs are keeping an eye on him through it. He's still only 21, very young for a center back.

The bigger concern for his future at Spurs is that Japhet Tanganga appears to be the better prospect of the two.

Nice Puto chant by Chivas fans there, quite loud

And people wonder why Mexican fans are hated by everyone

Back