• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019-20 Non Conference Schedule

I expect at least 18 losses. Another miserable season for Wake Forest Basketball.

I think we can do better than that. I expect minimum of 20. Might even set a record for losses.

Do it Danny. Danny and the Disasters.

10.5 fair for season over under. 6-4 or 7-3 (best case OOC) and then find 5 maybe 6 wins in ACC play.

Interesting O/U would be how many days we're over .500. Might have to see how Anaheim bracket shakes out (though we will be one of the worst teams in it)

Last edited:
I'll guess we're under .500 after game two in Anaheim.

What's another winter sport we can all get behind? How hard is it to start up a hockey program?

have any other ACC teams released their OOC schedule?

I looked for a few when this thread came out and did not find any

Have not seen any other ACC OOC schedules either.

Here is a frequently updated website that focuses in on college basketball in-season tourneys, events and neutral court games: https://www.bloggingthebracket.com/2018/10/24/18020280/2019-20-college-basketball-early-season-tournaments-events-mte-neutral-site-showcases-thanksgiving

This year's Maui Invitational features KS, Michigan State, UCLA, VT and UGA. UNC is playing in the Battle for Atlantis with Oregon, Gonzaga, Michigan, Iowa State and Nate Oats' Bama squad.

Last year, the ACC (and ESPN) waited until September to announce the full ACC schedule.

Last edited:
Schedule is out for the Wooden Classic in Anaheim.

WF opens with Charleston, and WF/Charleston is on the same half of the bracket with Providence and LB State: https://godeacs.com/news/2019/7/11/mens-basketball-deacs-to-play-charleston-to-open-wooden-legacy.aspx

Charleston is coached by Earl Grant, who was mentioned among potential WF coaching candidates when a coaching change was thought to be a possibility. Grant's last three years at Charleston: 25-10 (NIT), 26-8 NCAA (lost a tight game to Auburn); 24-9.

Last season, Charleston finished rated #123 by KP; WF was #174. The Cougars #2 scorer and biggest inside threat, Jarrell Brantley was a senior; they had two other seniors in their 10 man rotation. Charleston returns leading scorer and assist man Grant Riller.

Last edited:
Yeah, don't think we're leaving Anaheim +.500, and don't think we'll get there again the rest of the way

We could lose to Charleston and win the next 2. That feels like best case.

Can see that. Really the tournament kind of sucks for an eight team field with teams from the ACC, Big East, Pac 12 and two 24 win teams in UCF and Charleston.

UCF lost a ton from last year, and Arizona is trying to recover from season that was dreadful on the court and off. Everyone in the field looks like they will be pretty mediocre or worse next season, except for possibly Providence, and even the Friars aren't expected to be special.

Last edited:

UNC released theirs back on June 13th. Also just announced today that due to December commencement in the Smith Center, the Wofford at UNC game will be played in Carmichael Arena on Dec. 15th.

Have not seen any other ACC OOC schedules either.

Here is a frequently updated website that focuses in on college basketball in-season tourneys, events and neutral court games: https://www.bloggingthebracket.com/2018/10/24/18020280/2019-20-college-basketball-early-season-tournaments-events-mte-neutral-site-showcases-thanksgiving

This year's Maui Invitational features KS, Michigan State, UCLA, VT and UGA. UNC is playing in the Battle for Atlantis with Oregon, Gonzaga, Michigan, Iowa State and Nate Oats' Bama squad.

Last year, the ACC (and ESPN) waited until September to announce the full ACC schedule.

Hokies open in Maui with Sparty. That's some consolation prize for VT not being in the ACC - BIG Challenge.

Penn & Pepperdine seem headed in the right direction under Donahue and Romar. I hope we can beat the Beach but not confident we'll beat anyone else

Back