• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019-20 Non Conference Schedule

Link is dated July 2 at 10:14 AM. What's today's date ?

Last season's KP's (353 total teams):

• Columbia 215
  • UNCA 347
  • Charlotte 297
  • Davidson 85
  • Penn State 43
  • Xavier 65
  • NC A&T 300

Wooden Legacy teams:

• Arizona 94
  • Charleston 123
  • Long Beach State 225
  • Penn 130
  • Pepperdine 151
  • UCF 34
  • Wake 174
(One of these things is not like the others...)

Davidson game is in Charlotte at the Hornets arena. I work a couple blocks from there. Doubt I'll go. Suspect Davidson will have more fans. Thanks Wellman.

2019 KP ratings for WF OOC opponents:

November 10 - Columbia #221
November 13 - UNC Ashville #347
November 17 - @ Charlotte #297
November 27 - Davidson (@ Spectrum Center) #85
November 28- December 1 (Wooden Legacy - Anaheim) the field:
Arizona #94
College of Charleston #123
Long Beach State #225
Penn #130
Pepperdine #151
Providence #79
UCF #34
December 4 @ Penn State #43 (RJ begs to differ)
December 14 - Xavier #65
December 21 - NC A&T #300

WF was #174 last year. Purely based on last year's ratings, WF is looking at a 5-5 OOC record at best (expected wins in bold). The Deacs went 4-14 in the ACC last year. Even with a weakened conference, seems like a 6-14 conference record is about the best that could be expected (and may be too optimistic). So, best case scenario, Deacs will look to head into the ACC Tourney with a tidy 11-19 record. After another first round exit, WF would finish next season with a 11-20 record.... Same as last year...

Who's excited?

Last edited:
20-game ACC schedule.

Most teams play 31 games. Every Big Ten team except Rutgers played 11 OOC games + 20 conference games last season.

We'll see what the rest of the ACC does.

Looks like it'll end up being a harder non-conference slate than last year. 4-6 or 5-5 is probably realistic.

Most teams play 31 games. Every Big Ten team except Rutgers played 11 OOC games + 20 conference games last season.

We'll see what the rest of the ACC does.

the fewer games you play, the harder it is to get to 20 losses

A baseline of 11-20 (our exact record in each of the last 2 years) highlights how overdue we are for a change of direction.

Mind-numbingly frustrating to basically have (another) forgettable, throw away season with nothing to look forward to other than an eventual coaching change. Maybe.

Yet we all still post here.

Just noticed we only have 4 home non-conference games. I know we added 1 ACC home game, but that still seems historically low.

Y'all's "5-5, best case scenario" guesses are fair. Yet, it's almost certain that at least one of those boldface type games where we'll be favored *WILL BE A LOSS.*

We do it every year because we have no competency on the coaching staff.

Quite honestly, if we finish 11-20 AGAIN without a "Houston Baptist" loss... that actually WOULD be an improvement for Mannikin.

How do people think we are going to win 11 games when we only have 4 non-con home games?

How do people think we are going to win 11 games when we only have 4 non-con home games?
Honestly, I was just using the numbers already tossed out at face value.
It doesn't change my overall point.

Thankfully Houston Baptist isn't on the schedule this year. We wouldn't even beat them in a revenge game. I'm out until the mannequin is out.

Back