• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Has Trump turned an important corner?

Be honest with us Moonz. you are really a QAnon guy right?

Yeah sure.

Back to this inane thread, why should anybody give a fuck what this guy has to say about anything?

Holas! This is Tom Luongo and for those that remember, in the before-time, I used to be pretty good at this blooging thing. I did so between 2003 and 2008 across two blogs which are now no longer with us[1] for a variety of reasons, but mainly because I lost interest in talking in public. [2]I’ve returned to this gig for the simple reason that sometimes I have something to say that’s longer than a tweet and because Facebook is absolutely for nothing more than puppy videos and Unicorns riding rainbows. Blogs are just a better tool.After another ridiculously long hiatus I think it’s time I take the advice of people I read regularly and work comma dammit.As for the bio, well, let’s try this one.I am a Former Research Chemist, Amateur Dairy Goat Farmer, Anarcho-Libertarian and Obstreperous Austrian Economist who now contributes to a variety of publications including but not limited to Seeking Alpha, Russia Insider, Halsey News and Newsmax Media.I have a fantastic wife of 25 years and a young daughter, both of whom humble me with affection and respect I feel is wholly undeserved.Professionally, I’ve spent a lot of my waking hours inside of various analytic laboratories testing your water and soil for contaminants, or in University Research assessing how you process arsenic, where it is found and how to get rid of it. I’ve watched an industry be created by government fiat and destroyed in the same manner.I ran for Florida House once and got 2.7% of the vote on Guy Fawlkes Day. I’ve since grown up a lot.Then I spent 5+ years solving the puzzle of an electroless Nickel-Boron coating [3] that has intriguing wear-resistance properties. Too bad the coating was better than the company’s business model.After that imploded, I spent a couple of years as someone else ghost writing more opinions on stocks and markets than any one person should have in a handful of lifetimes. The pay sucked, so quantity, folks, was key.But that eventually led to the present, which I will get back to presenting in the glory of simple text. Because, on the internet, you are what you type.Today, I am the Owner of the this blog and publisher of the Gold Goats ‘n Guns Newsletter in which I attempt to connect the false narratives of geopolitics to viable long-term investment theses.I don’t believe the man-made global warming story is worth the electrons the peer-reviewed literature is disseminated on. Those are data sets so dirty I wouldn’t feed them to my dogs.As for politics, my position is well-known through my past writings at Lewrockwell.com, Seeking Alpha and the aforementioned erstwhile blogs. To sum up:
Individuals are the only people with enough knowledge about their own lives to have a hope of making the right decisions for themselves and no amount of guidance or central planning can help that process along.
All interactions between people should be peaceful and voluntary, free from the coercive power of the state in all its guises.I built the house I live in.As for religion, well, I was raised Catholic (what person of Italian descent wasn’t) but have no current practicing religion, except maybe Heisenberg’s Uncertainty Principle. What I know is that I’m smart enough to realize that I don’t know enough about the things I think I know to have any opinion about that which I truly have no clue about.I raise some goats and milk them.In short, I’m a libertarian who distrusts all human organizations larger than a two-handed game of poker. [4]I love hockey, my family, the art of drumming, board games of all kinds, a logically consistent argument, and the beauty of spontaneous order…. not necessarily in that order.I own a few guns.Ta,[1] – Being Thomas Luongo (palmereldritch.blogspot.com) and Sabre Rattling (archives gone due to Hard Drive failure, but it used to be hosted by The Sabres Report)[2] – That especially includes writing to make other people money, cf. www.fanhouse.com/staff/tom-luongo/[3] – and potential derivatives.[4] – thanks to Dr. Butler Shaffer for that lil’ ditty, I use it daily.

Last edited:
Welp, he’s demonstrated without doubt to Iran the value of developing nuclear weapons.

Seems important, unfortunately.

Iran has realized if you have have nukes and disgusting human rights records then you get treated with respect by the the president of the United States. Trump has given a playbook to every two bit wanna be dictator

Trump is all talk, painfully ignorant bully talk, and if you ignore that and proceed with what you were doing, he’ll shrink.

Trump has sent the ayatollahs plane loads of money ... Oh wait!

We sent them back a portion of THEIR OWN money that was frozen. For that we got a nuclear freeze. Trump killed the deal and Iran is enriching uranium at high rates. But don't be bothered by FACTS.

By the way, the Iranian Revolutionary Guard (the terrorist group) FUNDED Trump Azerbaijan. The Iranians PAID Trump tens of millions of dollars. AGAIN, FACTS don't matter to you.

Trump has sent the ayatollahs plane loads of money ... Oh wait!

it was their money that we were "holding" since the late 70s. if this bothers you, you should be mad that Reagan sent them back billions in the 80s.

you should read up before you post

He’s not going to read up.

Neither Reagan's nor Obama's dealings with the ayatollah's worked out particularly well. I am not in favor of sending any money to the bastards, and every person I know, who is either Iranian, or has been to Iran, hates the assahola ayatollahs. They can't go soon enough, and sending them money is not the way to send them packing.

Assahola...another home run nickname from our resident right wing humorist

It's gonna be gold when Iran develops their first nuclear weapon while Trump is in office. Sailor will claim it's all Obama's fault.

Neither Reagan's nor Obama's dealings with the ayatollah's worked out particularly well. I am not in favor of sending any money to the bastards, and every person I know, who is either Iranian, or has been to Iran, hates the assahola ayatollahs. They can't go soon enough, and sending them money is not the way to send them packing.

it doesn't matter what the fuck you think. it was their money and they did what we asked...so we gave it back. did you want us to just steal it?

you also probably know only other hateful POS, so it is not a very unbiased randomization for how people think on a topic. in fact, from what we get from you, they are also uneducated on the topic.

diversify your information intake

Back