• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hence why I suggest merely blocking Moon if you don't want to be spammed rather than banning or keeping him to a thread. IDC if people click his links.

He’s doing it on purpose. It would be great if he would just quit posting content from white supremacists and anti-Semites.

Give him his parodies back or something, please.

Moonz aside, none of us want to be in a community where content like that is freely circulating.

A few rules wouldn’t be a bad thing, especially since Moonz knows what he’s doing. I get that the mods have other things going on right now, but get it together guys.

Dudes, there's nothing fucking white supremacist about an article about the weather in NOLA. You're fucking cartoon characters.

“There’s good weather reports on both sides.”

There was no way to tell from that link anything like that but it’s been removed

“There’s good weather reports on both sides.”

You're bananas, dude. There's no possible way to meaningfully surf the internet (whatever that means) and be sensitive to the level that you guys are trying to be. Just because someone is a white-supremacist, an atheist hater, a bigot, or a chili molester, doesn't invalidate their opinion on the weather, or bologna sandwiches, or whatever else that isn't those bad things.

Are they "bad" people? Yes, probably. Is the idea of Nazi-ism bad? Fuck yes. Absolutely. Are all self-identified Nazi's bad people? Probably not. They certainly have bad things about them (hopefully Nazism is the worst), but I have bad things about me too - and hopefully I'm not defined solely by those things.

A huge issue with the new movement to see all actions through the present-day lens of morality is that we run into gigantic censorship issues. There's no reasonable basis to invalidate someone's opinion on the weather, just because they hold currently "bad" moral views. Right now, I'm a huge advocate (personally and professionally) for minorities rights and protection, because I think (based on the norms that I've experienced) that's a good thing.

Maybe in our Nazi future, I'll be seen as literally Satan because of my work. So be it - but I would hope that those future people who believe that my work to help minorities is horrific would also look to other areas of my life (supporting youth activities like Scouting BSA, soccer, and ALS research, etc.) and say, "well, that GTB fella, he was a n*****-lover, but he did some things that were good, too."

I love George Washington for the good things he has done. I don't love that he had slaves. But I have to look at his life in context.

k cool imma go ahead and keep defining nazis solely by their nazism

knight's argument also holds more water if nearly every single link moonz posted since the Trump campaign started didn't come from a similar source and this were a one-off thing

A huge issue with the new movement to see all actions through the present-day lens of morality is that we run into gigantic censorship issues. There's no reasonable basis to invalidate someone's opinion on the weather, just because they hold currently "bad" moral views.

The point this misses, or one point anyway, is that in a crowded media landscape we choose where we click as a consumer. Clicks are cash. And I don't want to give money to people whose ideologies I don't want to fund, regardless of whether they're good at...weather.

You're bananas, dude. There's no possible way to meaningfully surf the internet (whatever that means) and be sensitive to the level that you guys are trying to be. Just because someone is a white-supremacist, an atheist hater, a bigot, or a chili molester, doesn't invalidate their opinion on the weather, or bologna sandwiches, or whatever else that isn't those bad things.

Are they "bad" people? Yes, probably. Is the idea of Nazi-ism bad? Fuck yes. Absolutely. Are all self-identified Nazi's bad people? Probably not. They certainly have bad things about them (hopefully Nazism is the worst), but I have bad things about me too - and hopefully I'm not defined solely by those things.

Once you say you are Nazi, you are de facto a bad person. You are, by definition, a racist, anti-Semite, homophobe and more. Sorry, if the core of your beliefs is evil and repugnant, you are absolutely and completely a bad person.

A huge issue with the new movement to see all actions through the present-day lens of morality is that we run into gigantic censorship issues. There's no reasonable basis to invalidate someone's opinion on the weather, just because they hold currently "bad" moral views. Right now, I'm a huge advocate (personally and professionally) for minorities rights and protection, because I think (based on the norms that I've experienced) that's a good thing.

Maybe in our Nazi future, I'll be seen as literally Satan because of my work. So be it - but I would hope that those future people who believe that my work to help minorities is horrific would also look to other areas of my life (supporting youth activities like Scouting BSA, soccer, and ALS research, etc.) and say, "well, that GTB fella, he was a n*****-lover, but he did some things that were good, too."

I love George Washington for the good things he has done. I don't love that he had slaves. But I have to look at his life in context.

Also, assuming all Nazis in 2019 are gay is pretty prejudiced, RJ. Some of those proud boy types seem pretty fucking gay with their matching outfits and coiffed hair and such.

Also, assuming all Nazis in 2019 are gay is pretty prejudiced, RJ. Some of those proud boy types seem pretty fucking gay with their matching outfits and coiffed hair and such.

I said they are homophobes- HATE gays not ARE gays.

Talk about a guy who doesn't know what he's posting....you are moving into the Top 10 or higher in dumbest posters via your last two moronic efforts.

Are all self-identified Nazi's bad people? Probably not. They certainly have bad things about them (hopefully Nazism is the worst), but I have bad things about me too - and hopefully I'm not defined solely by those things.

Oh good God. "Sure, he's a big Nazi, but he also grows the best tomatoes in the neighborhood!"

I'd love to know what's bad about you that compares to being a self-identified Nazi.

Oh good God. "Sure, he's a big Nazi, but he also grows the best tomatoes in the neighborhood!"

I'd love to know what's bad about you that compares to being a self-identified Nazi.

He explained it. He helps minorities. That makes him as bad as a Nazi to some people.

He explained it. He helps minorities. That makes him as bad as a Nazi to some people.

We individually don't get to define what is "good" or "bad" in society.

I've met people who think I'm a fucking monster after I tell them what I do. "How could you defend those people?" "You're going to go to hell for helping that person." "How can you do that knowing what they have done?" These condemning folks are usually otherwise perfectly pleasant to be with.

What is "good" and "bad" is so subjective beyond a few things. Rape, murder, and robbery are all pretty cut and dry for the most part, but once you get beyond those acts, things get squishy based on the facts. I've stood next to a man who beat an old woman near to death after going on a string of robberies, one of the first things he said in open court was, "your honor, I'm a good person." I didn't agree with what he said, but I'm sensitive to that (maybe overly so). I try to see the good in people and understand that their "bad" doesn't have to define who they are.

Willingly adhering to Nazi philosophy is bad. But you're going to have a person behind that ideology. That person is going to have motivations and reasons for doing what they do.

Yes, people like David Duke are objectively bad - they generate pain and despair that outweighs any good they could possibly marshal. Likewise, people like Dave Ramsey are objectively good - the good that he has done for Americans outweighs any non-Epstein-esq bad he has done. Are there people who are irredeemable? Yes, I think so - but they constitute such a small fraction of "bad" people that it almost doesn't merit discussion.

In my view, when we take a group of people, like the people at the Charlottesville Rally, and say that all the people there are evil - we close ourselves off to bringing back some of those "evil" people back into the fold of society. I'm confident that a number of people who were at that rally have incredible potential to eliminate that "bad" in their life and come away with value. Maybe so much so that they help bring others away from that path.

I've never had the experience where condemning and hating someone has changed their walk in life. And as to Shoosh's tomato Nazi, I would view those tomatoes as a great path to grow that person away from bigotry and hate.

Sorry, I couldn't get past the Nazi's are very fine people too part.

I agreed with your sentiment around redemption. But redemption for the tomato Nazi means that he is no longer a Nazi, he's just tomato guy. We, as a society, should be able to agree that Nazis are bad.

Last edited:
I love that gtb name checked Dave Ramsey. That dude is objectively good. He Jesused up the hell out of my financial situation, for real. Financial Peace University bitches.

Double down. FOS

We individually don't get to define what is "good" or "bad" in society.

I've met people who think I'm a fucking monster after I tell them what I do. "How could you defend those people?" "You're going to go to hell for helping that person." "How can you do that knowing what they have done?" These condemning folks are usually otherwise perfectly pleasant to be with.

What is "good" and "bad" is so subjective beyond a few things. Rape, murder, and robbery are all pretty cut and dry for the most part, but once you get beyond those acts, things get squishy based on the facts. I've stood next to a man who beat an old woman near to death after going on a string of robberies, one of the first things he said in open court was, "your honor, I'm a good person." I didn't agree with what he said, but I'm sensitive to that (maybe overly so). I try to see the good in people and understand that their "bad" doesn't have to define who they are.

Willingly adhering to Nazi philosophy is bad. But you're going to have a person behind that ideology. That person is going to have motivations and reasons for doing what they do.

Yes, people like David Duke are objectively bad - they generate pain and despair that outweighs any good they could possibly marshal. Likewise, people like Dave Ramsey are objectively good - the good that he has done for Americans outweighs any non-Epstein-esq bad he has done. Are there people who are irredeemable? Yes, I think so - but they constitute such a small fraction of "bad" people that it almost doesn't merit discussion.

In my view, when we take a group of people, like the people at the Charlottesville Rally, and say that all the people there are evil - we close ourselves off to bringing back some of those "evil" people back into the fold of society. I'm confident that a number of people who were at that rally have incredible potential to eliminate that "bad" in their life and come away with value. Maybe so much so that they help bring others away from that path.

I've never had the experience where condemning and hating someone has changed their walk in life. And as to Shoosh's tomato Nazi, I would view those tomatoes as a great path to grow that person away from bigotry and hate.

Back