• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I’m not sure which is worse: having a bologna sandwich for thanksgiving dinner or stalking someone who has a bologna sandwich for thanksgiving dinner.

Arent you like a townie or other PSU person who posts here? Doesnt that make you the latter? Except you are the bologna sammich trying to get past the gates for the tgiving country club buffet.

Just came across this thread.

Anybody know a good website for traffic information, but run by a misogynist?

I like Waze, but it needs more sexism.

Thanks.

Yeah QAnon really drags you down a big spiral, found this in a Vice article.

ccf2d0c6cfb6a6747ccd28251e89cac8.jpg

5595158f9ce6bbaafb5d72e26fcf0d8b.jpg

I feel like it is entirely possible this is, in fact, a moons post.

https://twitter.com/Schwarzenegger/status/1348249481284874240

https://twitter.com/Schwarzenegger/status/1348249481284874240

I'll agree that someone who made a mistake of poor judgement in their teens or maybe early 20s can sometimes be given a pass. People do a lot of dumb shit when they are just getting a taste of the real world, and mistakes then are very formative and pivotal in who a person ultimately becomes. But they have to put up significant and consistent evidence of change to get past some things. A 40 year old playing "let's storm the castle" in DC, for example, doesn't get that benefit. They should know better and they aren't likely to change now.

Anybody can change. But it’s a mistake to assume they will without encouraging them to do so. We don’t want a society in which Nazi behavior is approved at the highest levels of government.

Anybody can change. But it’s a mistake to assume they will without encouraging them to do so. We don’t want a society in which Nazi behavior is approved at the highest levels of government.

Agreed. Part of someone changing is realizing that they have, in fact, made a terrible mistake. Rarely does that realization come without significant negative reinforcement of some sort.

Agreed. Part of someone changing is realizing that they have, in fact, made a terrible mistake. Rarely does that realization come without significant negative reinforcement of some sort.

My argument is that the soil to plant this seed in almost certainly does not become fertile as long as the BBD's of the world continue to view people and the world in black and white terms.

You've got to come at that capital stormer and say, "hey man, America is the greatest nation on earth. Without a doubt, our founding fathers agreed that freedom was worth risking everything for. Let's look at the people/events going on around you right now - do you think those founding fathers would follow the lady hiding behind a megaphone screaming, "GO PATRIOTS! GO NOW!" to encourage people to jump the downed fence to storm the capital lawn while she sits safely on the plaza with her bullhorn?" "Naw, bro. And what's more, there are real ways to satisfy that deep seated need for change that's in you. Just go kill all the politicians. Volunteer with your local campaign office. Learn about the policies of the people that you're voting for. Let's go together and do that."

Volunteer? That's work. You can't expect magats to want to work for something so lacking in immediate gratification as getting out the vote or volunteering for a local campaign.

My argument is that the soil to plant this seed in almost certainly does not become fertile as long as the BBD's of the world continue to view people and the world in black and white terms.

You've got to come at that capital stormer and say, "hey man, America is the greatest nation on earth. Without a doubt, our founding fathers agreed that freedom was worth risking everything for. Let's look at the people/events going on around you right now - do you think those founding fathers would follow the lady hiding behind a megaphone screaming, "GO PATRIOTS! GO NOW!" to encourage people to jump the downed fence to storm the capital lawn while she sits safely on the plaza with her bullhorn?" "Naw, bro. And what's more, there are real ways to satisfy that deep seated need for change that's in you. Just go kill all the politicians. Volunteer with your local campaign office. Learn about the policies of the people that you're voting for. Let's go together and do that."

I don’t know man. Following authority figures who say “Go Patriots! Go Now!” is how the Revolutionary War started not to mention several Super Bowls. One conversation isn’t going to overcome decades of programming.

Back