Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Destin, Florida

I used to do the Eufala route in college when MapQuest told me to go that way...but ever since I've done the Troy way. you're right the roads aren't crowded once you get past DeFuniak, but sometimes you get stuck behind a giant tractor and 2 trucks and like 4 cars for a few miles, so you can't pass, as I did a few weeks ago. but other than that it's not too bad.

if you stay on 65 south to Greenville AL, Bates House of Turkey is a tasty lunch spot that has now fed 4 generations of Digglers on their way to the beach. It's possibly the whitest place in Alabama but the food is good.

Another vote for the 85-65 route - go through Andalusia, Opp, Florala, and DeFuniak Springs.

Yes we are coming from N.Carolina (Thomasville). We are staying closer to Fort Walton Beach and mapquest has the route as stated above (I-85) into Montgomery then merging onto I-65 for a bit before merging onto some smaller highways. We are to the west of Destin. Thanks for all the posts, this info has really enlightened me.