• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake's Basketball Team Wins

gfspencer

Reaction score
From the official Demon Deacon Website -

"Wake Forest was honored Thursday (July 11) by the National Association of Basketball Coaches as the 2018-19 NABC Team Academic Excellence Awards were announced by the organization. The Demon Deacons were one of just 39 Division I schools to receive the honor, which is achieved by having a team grade point average of at least 3.0 for the season."

They need to spend less time hitting the books and more time working on hitting jump shots. Shouldn't be staying in class... Should be staying in front of their damn man.

Meh... Good for the team. It's a good thing... Would be better received w/ some (any) success on the court.

Completely worthless if you have a garbage product on the floor. We could pull together a team with a 4.0 GPA that would do as good as this group. Just miserable if you are in power conf. and can't beat the patsies we schedule.

we had a player placed on leave after being suspended for academics, and another who was rumored to have not completed classes in the spring

so I guess, great job (in class) by everyone else

From the official Demon Deacon Website -

"Wake Forest was honored Thursday (July 11) by the National Association of Basketball Coaches as the 2018-19 NABC Team Academic Excellence Awards were announced by the organization. The Demon Deacons were one of just 39 Division I schools to receive the honor, which is achieved by having a team grade point average of at least 3.0 for the season."

who were the other 38?

here's the full list including D2 and D3

Houston Baptist is on the list

Gardner-Webb is not

in your FACE Gardner-Webb!!

That is a very weird list....no Duke, no UVA, no BC....only 2 Ivies in Harvard and Yale ??? Villanova made it but Seton Hall ??

This is supposed to make me proud of our basketball team?

Good for them. The big difference is that they had capable, good teachers in the classroom but not on the court.

Now if only they could succeed on the court too, otherwise this is basically equivalent to a Miss Congeniality award during a beauty pageant.

Last edited:
Look, I get that our basketball team sucks. I get that we don't have a lick of hope at competing in the ACC this year, and realistically for probably the next 2-3 seasons at least.

But, these kids are student-athletes. They have incredibly demanding schedules, and are at a very demanding institution that doesn't give many breaks for athletes. I know that I didn't average a 3.0 at Wake, so if these kids are able to do it with much more rigorous time commitments, that should be applauded. I want to win games just as bad as the next guy. But our inability to perform on the court shouldn't complete negate accomplishments in the classroom.

Good for these kids. Hopefully we can get a new coach who will allow us to succeed on the court as much as we're succeeding off the court.

Look, I get that our basketball team sucks. I get that we don't have a lick of hope at competing in the ACC this year, and realistically for probably the next 2-3 seasons at least.

But, these kids are student-athletes. They have incredibly demanding schedules, and are at a very demanding institution that doesn't give many breaks for athletes. I know that I didn't average a 3.0 at Wake, so if these kids are able to do it with much more rigorous time commitments, that should be applauded. I want to win games just as bad as the next guy. But our inability to perform on the court shouldn't complete negate accomplishments in the classroom.

Good for these kids. Hopefully we can get a new coach who will allow us to succeed on the court as much as we're succeeding off the court.

Yes +1

says the guy that scammed a Nigerian prince

Back