Thread: Wake's Basketball Team Wins

Wake's Basketball Team Wins

From the official Demon Deacon Website -

"Wake Forest was honored Thursday (July 11) by the National Association of Basketball Coaches as the 2018-19 NABC Team Academic Excellence Awards were announced by the organization. The Demon Deacons were one of just 39 Division I schools to receive the honor, which is achieved by having a team grade point average of at least 3.0 for the season."

Countdown to a Racer Deac post (or twenty) ...

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    They need to spend less time hitting the books and more time working on hitting jump shots. Shouldn't be staying in class... Should be staying in front of their damn man.

Meh... Good for the team. It's a good thing... Would be better received w/ some (any) success on the court.

Completely worthless if you have a garbage product on the floor. We could pull together a team with a 4.0 GPA that would do as good as this group. Just miserable if you are in power conf. and can't beat the patsies we schedule.

we had a player placed on leave after being suspended for academics, and another who was rumored to have not completed classes in the spring

so I guess, great job (in class) by everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by gfspencer View Post
    From the official Demon Deacon Website -

"Wake Forest was honored Thursday (July 11) by the National Association of Basketball Coaches as the 2018-19 NABC Team Academic Excellence Awards were announced by the organization. The Demon Deacons were one of just 39 Division I schools to receive the honor, which is achieved by having a team grade point average of at least 3.0 for the season."
    who were the other 38?
    Football. Bloody Hell.

Quote Originally Posted by deacvision7 View Post
    who were the other 38?
    here's the full list including D2 and D3

Houston Baptist is on the list

Gardner-Webb is not

in your FACE Gardner-Webb!!

Who gives a fuck? These accolades only matter if you are competitive.

Feels like a glorified participation trophy to me

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy2016 View Post
    here's the full list including D2 and D3

Houston Baptist is on the list

Gardner-Webb is not

in your FACE Gardner-Webb!!
    That is a very weird list....no Duke, no UVA, no BC....only 2 Ivies in Harvard and Yale ??? Villanova made it but Seton Hall ??

This is supposed to make me proud of our basketball team?

Robert O'Kelley
    Good for them. The big difference is that they had capable, good teachers in the classroom but not on the court.

Now if only they could succeed on the court too, otherwise this is basically equivalent to a Miss Congeniality award during a beauty pageant.
    Last edited by ChaosDeac; 07-11-2019 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosDeac View Post

Now if only they could succeed on the court too, otherwise this is basically equivalent placing in the top 39 of a Miss Congeniality contest during a beauty pageant.
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by WFU71 View Post
    Feels like a glorified participation trophy to me
    Yes it does!

Look, I get that our basketball team sucks. I get that we don't have a lick of hope at competing in the ACC this year, and realistically for probably the next 2-3 seasons at least.

But, these kids are student-athletes. They have incredibly demanding schedules, and are at a very demanding institution that doesn't give many breaks for athletes. I know that I didn't average a 3.0 at Wake, so if these kids are able to do it with much more rigorous time commitments, that should be applauded. I want to win games just as bad as the next guy. But our inability to perform on the court shouldn't complete negate accomplishments in the classroom.

Good for these kids. Hopefully we can get a new coach who will allow us to succeed on the court as much as we're succeeding off the court.

Quote Originally Posted by WFUWaldo View Post
    Look, I get that our basketball team sucks. I get that we don't have a lick of hope at competing in the ACC this year, and realistically for probably the next 2-3 seasons at least.

But, these kids are student-athletes. They have incredibly demanding schedules, and are at a very demanding institution that doesn't give many breaks for athletes. I know that I didn't average a 3.0 at Wake, so if these kids are able to do it with much more rigorous time commitments, that should be applauded. I want to win games just as bad as the next guy. But our inability to perform on the court shouldn't complete negate accomplishments in the classroom.

Good for these kids. Hopefully we can get a new coach who will allow us to succeed on the court as much as we're succeeding off the court.
    Yes +1

Dickie Hemric
    Congrats guys. Now, can you go out and win some games.

Quote Originally Posted by WFUWaldo View Post

says the guy that scammed a Nigerian prince
    Football. Bloody Hell.