• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CA about to blow up NCAA?

if athletes are going to receive fair compensation for their own names/likenesses, then by definition it must be a bidding war among anyone interested in paying

I dunno, there's probably some way for the NCAA to roughly apportion some amount of TV revenue to the stars that drive a large percentage of it, with a smaller cut to less popular team members/teams. It would be a messy calculation, but you could do it based on various kinds of data. That plus an across-the-board cost of living stipend would go a long way to address the biggest claims of injustice without turning it into the wild west.

You are going to go down on the wrong side of history on this one big guy. It is admirable how much you want to protect the revenue stream for you and your AD cronies though.

Your the system works for the players argument is an embarrassment.

Milhouse, please note that WFcatamount22 is on the other side of this argument. I rest my case.

Milhouse, please note that WFcatamount22 is on the other side of this argument. I rest my case.

yeah this is a tough one. lots of folks who are always wrong are disagreeing.

I dunno, there's probably some way for the NCAA to roughly apportion some amount of TV revenue to the stars that drive a large percentage of it, with a smaller cut to less popular team members/teams. It would be a messy calculation, but you could do it based on various kinds of data. That plus an across-the-board cost of living stipend would go a long way to address the biggest claims of injustice without turning it into the wild west.

Yeah this is what I'm thinking, but those calculations are going to be brutal to come up with and inconsistent across different schools/sports/players. A good baby step in my mind would be for the schools to be required to pay players a sizable portion of all licensed merchandise sales that include their likeness.

Please note that you are arguing on the side of indentured servitude. So your asshole friends can make a little more money each year. I rest my case.

If that's what we're calling it, I'd love to be able to go back and be an indentured servant, personally.

I was an indentured servant at wake, and they were some of the best years of my life

Please note that you are arguing on the side of indentured servitude. So your asshole friends can make a little more money each year. I rest my case.

Settle down, Sparky. You've got your histrionics up at a 100.

I have nothing to do with the AD, and I don't have any friends in the AD.

Settle down, Sparky. You've got your histrionics up at a 100.

I have nothing to do with the AD, and I don't have any friends in the AD.

Yea nobody believes that you aren’t tied into the AD at least at some capacity.

Anybody arguing against paying the players is putting their own enjoyment of being a fan above the best interest of the players. That’s pretty fucked up. Sorry.

Yea nobody believes that you aren’t tied into the AD at least at some capacity.

He isn’t dude. He and I have known each other for a while.

Anybody arguing against paying the players is putting their own enjoyment of being a fan above the best interest of the players. That’s pretty fucked up. Sorry.

You’ve been consistent on this topic for 15 years now. I respect the conviction and consistency.

Aren’t you a boxing fan? Every one of those guys is suffering brain damage as boxers. Everyone supporting that sport is putting their own enjoyment of a sport above the well being of other human beings. That’s fucked up. Not sorry.

well now that’s a terrible comparison. did rj steal your password?

Back