• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 Open Contest - matt's dad wins!

self report: -14 (all six are in). I suspect scores will hold or go backwards if the weather turns. It might come down to who plays when.
Rose
Rahm
Pieters
Fitzpatrick
J Thomas
M Wallace

Amazing round of 63 by Lowry today. Great bounces and hit all his putts. Great to watch!

They just showed Westwood warming up on the range and Miguel Anghel Jimenez was hitting balls also, but he missed the cut by a mile. I guess players that miss the cut can stick around and practice? I’m sure he’s playing in the Senior British next week.

They just showed Westwood warming up on the range and Miguel Anghel Jimenez was hitting balls also, but he missed the cut by a mile. I guess players that miss the cut can stick around and practice? I’m sure he’s playing in the Senior British next week.

I’ve seen that at The Masters - players who missed the cut using the practice area over the weekend. I guess they paid the tournament entry fee, so as long as the tournament is being conducted, they can use the facilities.

Cool to see Lowry to almost go wire to wire. Tough conditions, and he was only +1 for the day. Good weekend for the Irish. The R&A should add Royal County Down to the rota as well. RCD and Portrush are just as tough as any of the Scottish or English courses, and they're visually more spectacular.

Cool to see Lowry to almost go wire to wire. Tough conditions, and he was only +1 for the day. Good weekend for the Irish. The R&A should add Royal County Down to the rota as well. RCD and Portrush are just as tough as any of the Scottish or English courses, and they're visually more spectacular.
If you are doing that then Royal Dornoch should be there , but both RCD and Dornoch do not have needed course infrastructure(practice, areas for fan zone, etc.) would be nice for both to be there though

Apologies for being MIA. Final Standings are below.
matt's dad team was: Brooks, Rahm, Oostie, Lowry, Wiesberger and MacIntyre.
Lowry was only picked by 4 teams (the top 4 teams):

Place Entrant Low 4 Bonus Total
1 matt's dad -29 -5 -34
2 1985 DEAC -23 -5 -28
3 VegasJethro -18 -5 -23
4 livenaddiedeac -13 -5 -18
5 PDMitchell -10 -1 -11
5 TownieDeac -11 - -11
7 Dekin -7 -3 -10
7 Jen -9 -1 -10
9 MrBojangles -9 - -9
9 nomadic -9 - -9