• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 Open Contest - matt's dad wins!

Sleepy

Joakim Blom
Reaction score
THE Open Championship, Don't Call It the British Open.

FORMAT: Listed below are most of the golfers participating in the The Open Championship. You need to pick 6 of them with a total value of 400 or more. Pick carefully - your team will end up "missing the cut" if more than two of your golfers miss the cut in the event! To make your selections, send me a PM with the golfers' names and point values.

SCORING: Your score will be the aggregate of your best four golfers. Since you have to have at least four scores counting, if more than two of your golfers miss the cut, so does your team. There are also "bonus points" at the end of the tournament. If you've got the champion golfer on your team, it's -5. The runner-up gets you -3, and having the third-place golfer gets you -1 off your score.

DEADLINE: All entries must be sent to me by 1:30 AM Thursday, July 18th.

SCORING UPDATES: Don't expect them. I will be busy golfing in Monterey. Final results will be posted Monday afternoon.

Golfer Value
Brooks Koepka 5
Rory McIlroy 5
Dustin Johnson 10
Jon Rahm 15
Tiger Woods 15
Justin Rose 20
Patrick Cantlay 20
Rickie Fowler 20
Tommy Fleetwood 20
Xander Schauffele 20
Francesco Molinari 25
Adam Scott 30
Bryson DeChambeau 30
Gary Woodland 30
Henrik Stenson 30
Jason Day 30
Jordan Spieth 30
Justin Thomas 30
Louis Oosthuizen 30
Matt Kuchar 30
Hideki Matsuyama 40
Matthew Fitzpatrick 40
Paul Casey 40
Sergio Garcia 40
Branden Grace 50
Marc Leishman 50
Shane Lowry 50
Tony Finau 50
Ian Poulter 60
Li Haotong 60
Patrick Reed 60
Phil Mickelson 60
Rafael Cabrera Bello 60
Tyrrell Hatton 60
Danny Willett 75
Eddie Pepperell 75
Webb Simpson 75
Alexander Levy 100
Andy Sullivan 100
Brandt Snedeker 100
Bubba Watson 100
Lee Westwood 100
Russell Knox 100
Thorbjorn Olesen 100
Zach Johnson 100

Players worth 150 points each:
Aaron Wise
Abraham Ancer
Adam Hadwin
Adri Arnaus
Adrian Otaegui
Alexander Bjork
Alexander Noren
Andrea Pavan
Andrew Johnston
Andrew Putnam
Andrew Wilson
Ashton Turner
Austin Connelly
Benjamin Hebert
Bernd Wiesberger
Billy Horschel
Brandon Stone
Brandon Wu (a)
Brian Harman
Byeong-Hun An
C.T. Pan
Callum Shinkwin
Cameron Smith
Chan Kim
Charley Hoffman
Chez Reavie
Chris Wood
Christiaan Bezuidenhout
Connor Syme
Corey Conners
Curtis Knipes (a)
Daniel Sugrue
Darren Clarke
David Duval
David Lipsky
Dimitrios Papadatos
Doc Redman
Dong-Kyu Jang
Doyeob Mun
Dylan Frittelli
Emiliano Grillo
Erik van Rooyen
Ernie Els
Garrick Porteous
Graeme McDowell
Gunn Charoenkul
Inn-choon Hwang
Isidro Benitez
J.B. Holmes
Jack Senior
Jake McLeod
Jason Kokrak
Jazz Janewattananond
Jim Furyk
Jimmy Walker
Joaquin Niemann
Joel Dahmen
Joost Luiten
Jorge Campillo
Justin Harding
Keegan Bradley
Keith Mitchell
Kevin Kisner
Kevin Streelman
Kiradech Aphibarnrat
Kurt Kitayama
Kyle Stanley
Lucas Bjerregaard
Lucas Glover
Luke List
Matt Wallace
Matthew Baldwin
Matthias Schmid (a)
Miguel Angel Jimenez
Mike Lorenzo-Vera
Mikko Korhonen
Mikumu Horikawa
Nate Lashley
Nino Bertasio
Oliver Wilson
Padraig Harrington
Patton Kizzire
Paul Lawrie
Paul Waring
Prom Meesawat
Richard Sterne
Robert MacIntyre
Robert Rock
Romain Langasque
Rory Sabbatini
Ryan Fox
Ryan Palmer
Sam Locke
Sang-hyun Park
Shaun Norris
Shubhankar Sharma
Shugo Imahira
Si Woo Kim
Stewart Cink
Sung Kang
Sung-jae Im
Takumi Kanaya (a)
Thomas Pieters
Thomas Thurloway (a)
Tom Lehman
Tom Lewis
Yoshinori Fujimoto
Yosuke Asaji
Yuki Inamori
Yuta Ikeda
Zander Lombard

Last edited:
In at 405. Thanks again for running Sleepy. I don't think I have ever had a year where I did them all. Missed the PGA this year. Hopefully, I bring this one home. Enjoy, Monterrey!

Also in at 405. Seems like there are more enticing 150 choices than usual. Enjoy Monterrey and report back on where you played.

Also in at 405. Seems like there are more enticing 150 choices than usual. Enjoy Monterrey and report back on where you played.

Yeah, I though so too. McDowell, Kisner, Bradley are all guys that could be in the mix come Sunday.

Yeah, I though so too. McDowell, Kisner, Bradley are all guys that could be in the mix come Sunday.

I'm also not really into the favorites either. Tiger has barely played, Koepka doesn't believe in tuning up on links courses, DJ hasn't contended in the Open in recent years, Rahm cleans up in the Irish but has yet to break into the top-40 at the Open, and Rory has all the pressure in the world on him. Though it is going to rain, and all Rory's major wins have come on wet courses. It has a wide open feeling. We also haven't had an English winner since 1992 when Faldo won - that's almost 30 years.

I'm also not really into the favorites either. Tiger has barely played, Koepka doesn't believe in tuning up on links courses, DJ hasn't contended in the Open in recent years, Rahm cleans up in the Irish but has yet to break into the top-40 at the Open, and Rory has all the pressure in the world on him. Though it is going to rain, and all Rory's major wins have come on wet courses. It has a wide open feeling. We also haven't had an English winner since 1992 when Faldo won - that's almost 30 years.

Westwood!

Westwood!

I chuckled. I was thinking more of Rose, Fairway Jesus, Casey, Fitzpatrick, Pepperell, Hatton or Wallace. And please don't let Poulter win the damn jug.

Nice line-up Sleepy. A friend of mine played Spyglass and Spanish Bay out there last year and loved it. I've always heard that Spyglass is tougher than Pebble but it's not enough of a stadium course to hold a major.

I havent seen any results, but if you don't want to include mine thats cool as well. Just like picking some guys to cheer for. With no research on hand I go with....

5 - Koepka
10 - DJ
20 - Rose
75 - Webb
150 - Hoffman
150 - Wallace

Total: 410

Brooks Koepka -5
Matthew Fitzpatrick -2
Patrick Reed -4
Webb Simpson -3
Eddie Pepperell E
Charley Hoffman +1

Last edited:
Now looking at first round scores and it really looks like I cheated....haha. Disregard my team if it pisses anyone off. Promise I didn't look at the scoreboard.

Rory - 5
Bryson - 30
Sergio - 40
Webb - 75
Snedeker - 100
Reavie - 150

My crew is looking alright.

Back