• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning replacement search thread

It seems to me that to earn a pretty decent fortune, you have to be a respectable judge of character.

Otherwise, someone would have separated you from that fortune.

are you not aware of the current president of the united states?

And if they came from money, they may not have any skills besides making more money.
Sometimes they lack even those skills. They just surround themselves with people who do, and hope they don't get ripped off.

I believe Mit made his fortune in the hotel business. However, as part owner of the Atlanta Hawks, you would think somebody there might whisper in his ear about Nanning's lack of success at Wake.

It’s a different scenario. If Mit ponies up millions of dollars to buy out Manning, and it’s a successful move, he personally would not make any more money.

Or maybe, and just hear me out here, every situation is unique? There are poor assholes and rich assholes. Not sure why there needs to be a generalization of boosters.

My guess is that Mit was heavily involved in bringing Manning in, has developed a relationship with him, and would rather not pony up a ton of additional money and admit he’s a terrible coach.

But that’s a guess. Manning could have incriminating photos or something.

It seems to me that to earn a pretty decent fortune, you have to be a respectable judge of character.

Otherwise, someone would have separated you from that fortune.

Someone being of good character does not necessarily mean they have the ability to be a good teacher of basketball skills, manage a basketball game and/or recruit top notch high school basketball players.

Yeah, we already have a shitty coach. Might as well hire a different shitty coach. At least it will finally shut DR up about him.

FIFY...

HOF Wes' career at Wake would have been over by now had we hired him in 2009. In 2009, he had been assistant at Elon for one year.

And quite the assistant he was that year on Elon’s bench. Was fun to watch. We have no idea how Wes would have done if handed the reigns back in 2009.

All we know is WF has had its worst decade in program history and UNCG has had its best.

FIFY...

HOF Wes' career at Wake would have been over by now had we hired him in 2009. In 2009, he had been assistant at Elon for one year.

yeah and no way stevens leaves wake forest for the nba

thanks for FUCKING us hatch!

And quite the assistant he was that year on Elon’s bench. Was fun to watch. We have no idea how Wes would have done if handed the reigns back in 2009.

All we know is WF has had its worst decade in program history and UNCG has had its best.
As if apples, oranges and your opinion was all the same thing.

Sure, we have no idea what Miller as a single fucking year of a low major assistant coach hired out of nowhere would've done as the head coach of a high major's next head coach would have done. But, yeah sure, let's pretend a decade spent at both are the equivalent of both.

Damn. I may not comment all that much here. Nor may I have the history of others who have... but shit. I have lurked for a loooong time and I gotta say: folks give RJ and R.Chill hell for idiocy they've spouted... but, damn. The shit you say is every bit the rival in stupidity.

As if apples, oranges and your opinion was all the same thing.

Sure, we have no idea what Miller as a single fucking year of a low major assistant coach hired out of nowhere would've done as the head coach of a high major's next head coach would have done. But, yeah sure, let's pretend a decade spent at both are the equivalent of both.

Damn. I may not comment all that much here. Nor may I have the history of others who have... but shit. I have lurked for a loooong time and I gotta say: folks give RJ and R.Chill hell for idiocy they've spouted... but, damn. The shit you say is every bit the rival in stupidity.

Could argue that it is harder to take and keep UNCG at the top then Wake. But I guess I won't lest you have a coronary.

When was the last time an ACC team hired a coach who had only one year as an assistant coach at a lower level program? We also know that HOF Wes' first five seasons at UNC-G created a record of 60-92 in the awful Southern Conference. If you want to talk about records, he wouldn't have been re-signed after Year 4 or 5 at Wake with that record.

As to what happened at Wake vs. UNCG, you know that's a nonsensical concept. By the way, before becoming HC at UNC-G, he had multiple more years as an assistant.

If you want to talk about records, he wouldn't have been re-signed after Year 4 or 5 at Wake with that record.

Who knows what record he would have had at Wake. The cupboard was bare when he took over UNCG. He still lead them to a title that year and was named So Con coach of the year.

Who knows what record he would have had at Wake. The cupboard was bare when he took over UNCG. He still lead them to a title that year and was named So Con coach of the year.

And had four consecutive bad years after that (49-81). There's no rational reason to think a coach with no experience would do better in the uber-competitive ACC over the SoCon.

Top of the So Con. Obviously the ACC has the thoroughbreds but the So
Con is a very competitive league—especially last season.

Back