• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning replacement search thread

One can accept someone not doing well. What makes Danny really bad is that he has basically quit on the program. That can never be acceptable.

How has he quit on the program? What evidence is there of that? Serious question.

Don't get me wrong... I think he sucks as a coach. I just don't think it is a lack of effort, though.

I'm most pissed off that we signed the guy to the worst contract in the history of college basketball. I don't blame Manning for not trying... I blame him for being a terrible head coach and Wellman/Hatch/others for signing him to an inexplicable contract.

How has he quit on the program? What evidence is there of that? Serious question.

Don't get me wrong... I think he sucks as a coach. I just don't think it is a lack of effort, though.

I'm most pissed off that we signed the guy to the worst contract in the history of college basketball. I don't blame Manning for not trying... I blame him for being a terrible head coach and Wellman/Hatch/others for signing him to an inexplicable contract.

Agree completely. Someone (possibly on another thread) accused Manning of tanking. There's no evidence of that; if there was, that would seem to be a breach of his contract and grounds to void the buyout. His advisors are much too smart to let that happen.

Manning doesn't need to put any effort into tanking. He just sucks as a Coach so it just makes it seem like he is tanking.

RJ works really hard posting on this board, but every single posts just plain sucks. It's unacceptable.

The level of the people he is recruiting has been waning for the past 2-3 years. We used to be recruiting against blue bloods and the ACC. Now it's UNC-G and other weak ass programs. He has accepted not getting the top players. That's quitting.

The level of the people he is recruiting has been waning for the past 2-3 years. We used to be recruiting against blue bloods and the ACC. Now it's UNC-G and other weak ass programs. He has accepted not getting the top players. That's quitting.

He is still working the four and five star talent. Just having little to show for it. Some top 5s, no signings.

Look at the people who have been on our radar over the past couple of years. It used to be top quality. This is falling dramatically. I wish it weren't so, but it is.

Like the fan base, he just quit. I like the spirit of the gofundme, but it would never work. Nobody gives a shit anymore. Ron killed Wake hoops.

We will let Danny ride for another 4 years and the second lost decade will be halfway through.

Seriously, thank God for Clawson. We should give that man literally ANYTHING he wants and beg him to stay.

We start with offering every high 4 and 5 star (who we have no chance at signing but only take the call because their dad forces them to say hi to Danny Manning). How much effort does it take to tweet a guy an offer? Not much scouting needed for these guys either, they’ve been vetted since middle school.

Then when that predictably fails quickly we head straight to the no star sub 300 projects who take no effort to sign because holy shit an ACC offer when I’m only getting D1 interest from like ECU. Well bad example there, a sub 300 project guy chose ECU over us.

Maybe this is an exaggeration but it FEELS like it’s true. And if it’s not entirely true then fuck it, those are still the results we’re ending up with so his real process is even more of a waste of time and Mits jet.

"Quit on the program" or not - and setting aside general competence - the program needs someone that will fire up the fan base and expect constant energy from the players. I don't think anyone is under the delusion that that someone is Danny Manning.

Danny Manning pursuing a 5-star recruit is like a copier salesman cold calling a Fortune 25 company.

Wake's owner Mit Shah Snyder needs to be held accountable too

Okay. What do you plan to do to hold Mit accountable ? Never set foot in the awesome locker room he just built ? Boycott Hawks games ?

An ACC coach recruiting outside the top 300 early in the cycle is just trying to get his check.

There’s really no reason to watch Wake hoops anymore. The team will suck. No real NBA prospects. Not much talent overall. Not much hope that the talent could be salvaged by a new coach and no hope that we will fire Manning anyway.

At real programs big donors force change, at Wake they are happy jock sniffing and getting wished happy birthday on twitter

Back