• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning replacement search thread

I was responding to your copying his.

Danny is desperate. There's no question about it. I'd guess he's made offers knowing he had no shot to make it look like he was being serious.

Danny is desperate. There's no question about it. I'd guess he's made offers knowing he had no shot to make it look like he was being serious.

This is true, and so bad that I can't believe its allowed to continue. But, Wake Forest, so it does.

I was responding to your copying his.

There is really no way to put lipstick on this pig. Danny sucks at all aspects of being an HC. We should be competing with Duke and UNC for recruits, not using them as some sort of unattainable standard.

I agree that our current recruiting is unacceptable but who have we ever gotten over Duke? Anyone besides Aminu over UNC?

By way of comparison, HOF Wes has offered 13 guys for 3 open 2020 spots. For the following 2 years, he's made only one offer for 4 or 8 spots (depending on the year). Let's hope he's at least making contacts that may bear fruit later.

who have we gotten over Duke in the last 30 years?

They didn't recruit Rogers or Paul

First you said Duke and UNC and now it’s just Duke. But either way the fact that we don’t compete with those school for recruits is part of the problem. They are supposed to be our rivals, not some unattainable standard of eliteness.

First you said Duke and UNC and now it’s just Duke. But either way the fact that we don’t compete with those school for recruits is part of the problem. They are supposed to be our rivals, not some unattainable standard of eliteness.

??

I didn't say Duke and UNC - I did not author the original post

agree we need to recruit against those schools

By way of comparison, HOF Wes has offered 13 guys for 3 open 2020 spots. For the following 2 years, he's made only one offer for 4 or 8 spots (depending on the year). Let's hope he's at least making contacts that may bear fruit later.

Wes eats sleeps and breathes hoops. 1am in July the guy is on YouTube watching Euros to find sleepers. He has contacts across the game. Danny made 50 million in the NBA. He’s taking a nap while Wes is in ransoms high school gyms talking up coaches.

Interesting that your phone autocorrect was sure you meant “ransoms.” Just what kind of practice are you running?

99% of posters here would have been upset if Wellman had fired Manning only to replace him with Mike Young. VT just picked up a commitment from a second 2020 Top 100 kid, Darius Maddox. Young had the good sense to bring on board 2 new assistants with good recruiting chops. I'm not giving Manning a pass on anything but we are seeing now how much losing Jones as a recruiter continues to hurt the program. Maybe Walters can make up some of the lost time and ground - I'm skeptical.

I can't believe how long some people stuck with this guy. *pats self on back*

Wes eats sleeps and breathes hoops. 1am in July the guy is on YouTube watching Euros to find sleepers. He has contacts across the game. Danny made 50 million in the NBA. He’s taking a nap while Wes is in ransoms high school gyms talking up coaches.

With all those contacts, why is he still at UNCG?

99% of posters here would have been upset if Wellman had fired Manning only to replace him with Mike Young. VT just picked up a commitment from a second 2020 Top 100 kid, Darius Maddox. Young had the good sense to bring on board 2 new assistants with good recruiting chops. I'm not giving Manning a pass on anything but we are seeing now how much losing Jones as a recruiter continues to hurt the program. Maybe Walters can make up some of the lost time and ground - I'm skeptical.

Walters is the guy who has been offering most of the unranked kids. Randolph is the best recruiter of them all, including Manning.

Who did Jones recruit when he was here?

I don't think anyone could recruit guys to Wake under Manning. The word is out that he is incompetent and there is no joy in the program.

Anyone stupid enough to go to Wake with other options available is not going to do well enough in class to stay in school.

guess not-- Plus has to make offers so it can not be said he is not performing his contract

Back