• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning replacement search thread

I think a search firm's major contribution to an ACC level job is having current cell phone numbers. I mean, we all know ahead of time most of the candidates, but I'm guessing that none of us knew their cell number or more importantly their agent's cell number. And its a little awkward for Currie to call up the ETSU basketball office and ask "Can I speak with Steve Forbes, please."

Search firms are probably a kind of scam, but yeah, they'll have more contacts with agents, you can initiate convos without officially doing it, so it stays under the radar and doesn't violate any contractual things that might require other AD's approval, and they'll do shit like coordinate first interviews, "airport meetings," or whatever. Shit like that.

You could also do something like know that Tommy Amaker gets a contract bump from Harvard if offered a new job, know that Wake needs/wants to interview a more diverse candidate pool, and the firm can facilitate a mutually beneficial arrangement without anyone getting used. That may be a step too far, but I've had it in my head for a day now and I'm convinced it's right, ha.

Since DM has offically been replaced - I say this thread should be locked. Put a ceremonial end to his crappy tenure.

If Manning is fired, most of our players are definitely leaving.

*sigh* Let's see who our guy can bring back and bring in.

If the last few years have taught me anything, it's that you don't keep a coach for recruits or players. Steve Forbes will turn us into a winner and I feel strongly about that.

Excited for Strick's recruiting page again

Back