• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning replacement search thread

No. I think Dayton's coach is the highest paid coach in their conference. Manning is one of the lowest paid coaches in the ACC and still makes significantly more. And we have sucked for a decade. Look at our facilities, the cachet and exposure of the ACC, the available resources, etc. Dayton is not a better job than Wake and it is not even really debatable. With a competent AD (which hopefully we have now) there is no question that we could attract a better and higher profile coaching candidate than Dayton. We could, and would, pay them more, provide better facilities and more resources, etc. etc...

It is easy to get caught up in how bad our teams have been for a while - don't let that blind you to the potential.

110% true. Good post

It's absurd to think any A-10 job is as good as Wake's.

I just said it is debatable, and it absolutely is. Go ahead and look at their results since around the time Skip died or Gaudio got fired... It’s night and day from what Wake has done.

I’m not saying it’s definitely a better job... I’m just saying you could make the argument.

Everything is arguable. Just ask Ph.

Dayton's prior coach (Miller) turned down interest from both Wake and State when they had job vacancies. I'm not sure where that falls on the "which job is better" question, but it seems relevant.

One thing to think about Miller is he was really holding out for Indiana and doing the honorable thing in not taking a potentially temporary job.

Dayton also has huge fan support. I think game attendance is fantastic there. There is a reason the First Four is held there every year.

Last edited:
Tomahawk Nation opines that the FSU coaching search is down to Jay Norvell or removing the interim tag from Odell Haggins. Stoneville still clinging to the hope that Bob Stoops will come swooping in that last minute.

Tomahawk Nation opines that the FSU coaching search is down to Jay Norvell or removing the interim tag from Odell Haggins. Stoneville still clinging to the hope that Bob Stoops will come swooping in that last minute.

while this is the wrong thread, still probably a better basketball coach than Manning

I was front few rows in the student section for most games between 97 and 01.

Then you know we have plenty of support when we are good - or even decent. And support went through the roof with an engaging coach (Skip) and good-to-great teams.

Manning will be our coach next year

giphy.gif

I think about the worst anyone said is they should be suspended a few games if this happened.

My kids are ages 9 - 11 and have never known a winning WFU basketball team except the John Collins year. SAD!

Currie there last night during the PSU beat down?? Did Danny come back on the plane with the team?!

John Beilein

Report: Cavaliers players unhappy with John Beilein's college coaching style

On the heels of another blowout so far this season, the Cleveland Cavaliers are reportedly sharing gripes about first-year head coach John Beilein and his collegiate coaching style.

The Athletic’s Joe Vardon and Shams Charania reported Friday that players are unhappy with being treated like they are still in college and even with the terminology they deem to be below professional level basketball.

Report: Cavs take issue with college approach
Beilein, 66, was hired by the Cavaliers (5-15) in May to a five-year deal. He was a successful coach at every level of amateur basketball and took all four of Division I teams he coached to the NCAA tournament, most recently Michigan. He was hired in part because the majority of the Cavs roster is between 19 and 24.

Every level of sport requires a different coaching style, and after that long at the collegiate level it’s clear it would take some time for Beilein to adjust. It seems it has taken too long and losing surely doesn’t help.

Back