• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning replacement search thread

Amazing that people still want to torture themselves like this.

It should have been done 2 years ago and last year was the last chance to try and rebuild with any hope of a reasonable turn around time.

We have seen no evidence that those in charge recognize a need to make a change. When they eventually make a change, there is no reason to believe they will chose one of the top candidates.

The last two choices were off the radar and abysmal.

Currie has said nothing that makes him seem different than Wellman and his action so far confirm the same. The lost decade will become the lost quarter century.

Currie considers Wellman his mentor and idol so "welcome to the new boss, same as the old boss". Manning is here for the duration so better get used to it (bad basketball that is)

Until there's a shred of evidence anyone in a position of power at Wake Forest has any interest in doing the right thing this thread is a waste of bandwidth.

A few more years of Manning as Wake’s head coach won’t be so bad. It’s not like anyone cares about Wake Forest basketball anymore anyway.

Let’s just hope Currie doesn’t give Manning another extension.

Currie considers Wellman his mentor and idol so "welcome to the new boss, same as the old boss". Manning is here for the duration so better get used to it (bad basketball that is)

This is what I've determined too. Wellman 2.0. Stuck with Manning.

Mark+Turgeon+NCAA+Basketball+Tournament+First+lIQ8tyj8CQjl.jpg

This is more of a thread to discuss and post content about coaches. For someone that likes Mike Rhoades I might post something like (audio link in tweet with recent 30min interview):

I mean I don't think that Currie considering Wellman his mentor and him running a basketball program differently are mutually exclusive. One can express gratitude and class without agreeing on every decision.

Baring a miracle, if Danny isn't fired this year, Currie should be. It's that simple.

Unless Currie has an IQ that is under 50, there is absolutely no chance that Manning coaches out his contract, barring some miraculous performance change (which ain't going to happen.)

I mean I don't think that Currie considering Wellman his mentor and him running a basketball program differently are mutually exclusive. One can express gratitude and class without agreeing on every decision.

Yeah, the "Currie won't want to offend Wellman" take is so stupid. I'm pretty sure he would rather be successful at his job then worry about Wellman's feelings. I am also pretty sure Wellman really knows that he totally screwed up Wake b-ball, even if he doesn't say it publicly.

we are going to blow chunks next year- maybe the worst team of the manning era and that is saying something and the new AD is going to make a change. It's going to happen. The only thing we need to worry about is our team doing the improbable and overachieving to say a .500 record.

we are going to blow chunks next year- maybe the worst team of the manning era and that is saying something and the new AD is going to make a change. It's going to happen. The only thing we need to worry about is our team doing the improbable and overachieving to say a .500 record.

I disagree, I think we actually will be somewhat better but hopefully not enough to save Manning's job.

Baring a miracle, if Danny isn't fired this year, Currie should be. It's that simple.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

rj has FOR YEARS stated that you cannot fire a basketball coach sooner than 3 years on the job but is now saying if the ATHLETIC DIRECTOR doesn't do one singular thing that he should be fired within ONE year.

HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT

Does dis guy do dis on porpoise?

Every time I don't think kickball DV7 can show less intelligence, I am proven wrong.

Other than Turf, I've NEVER seen any person hate someone they don't know the way Vision hates RJKarl.

People who boderline OD on PCP are more rational than he is.

I'm not sure in what order things are going to happen for RJKarl, but I really want to see DV7 when RJ's medical device company makes millions, his book gets published, and he releases his first jazz solo album to wide acclaim.

I can't wait to say him see, "My bad, I wanted to him to succeed, but I was just upset."

I should have figured this out by now, but is JamesSokolove an rjkarl alter ego or just one of the best parodies ever?

Back