• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning replacement search thread

Bullshit. He's tanking. Doing nothing on the recruiting trail. Doesn't seek out guidance from other coaches. Just making sure he does the bare minimum to fulfill his contract, pocketing all the cash, and setting his son up for the next job. Manning knows he'll never coach again.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

Manning deserves any shit he gets for his poor performance as wake's bball coach. I don't blame him one bit for not taking less than ronnie and hatch promised him. They should have been fined and fired for that contract extension.

It's in his best interest to negotiate settlement. If he has a couple more years like last year, he'll never get another major HC job. The sooner he leaves, the more he can blame it on the other guy and Wake.

It's in his best interest to negotiate settlement. If he has a couple more years like last year, he'll never get another major HC job. The sooner he leaves, the more he can blame it on the other guy and Wake.

IMHO, he has already finished any chance he would have for another coaching job. He is just adding as much to his nest egg as he can until this contract ends one way or another.

So he will do what he has to do at Wake to avoid being fired for cause and continue to collect his checks.

Absolutely zero incentive for Manning to accept anything less than what he is owed under the contract; there is nothing to negotiate

So can we dismiss this idea that the problem with Manning’s buyout is the incentives? He’s clearly not working on incentives.

No chance of a major hc position anyway. Hell he shouldn’t have gotten one to begin with. If we hadn’t been a dumpster fire we would’ve never looked at him. All I can figure is he’s collecting his millions until he either retires or takes an assistant role long term.

Yeah. He can stack paper for a few more years then take a year off and come back as an assistant coach.

Jeff Goodman's tweet about the contract was correct.

Wake and Danny Manning parting ways is all about the money. Wake's big donors so far have not been willing to open checkbooks enough to have Danny go away. It may take Currrie sometime to get the necessary funds together. Until that happens, Danny will be coaching at Wake.

Jeff Goodman's tweet about the contract was correct.
Remember when people vehemently denied the Goodman report last season? Manning's gonna still be owed $10M-$12M after this upcoming season. Just don't expect anything other than the worst anymore.

A GoFundMe could clear that up real quick. That would unite the fanbase and bring fans back into the fold. I know plenty of people who could care less about Wake hoops now who would donate.

The only problem is if people would trust Currie to hire a better coach.

Remember when people vehemently denied the Goodman report last season? Manning's gonna still be owed $10M-$12M after this upcoming season. Just don't expect anything other than the worst anymore.

I think Wake could make $10-12M over what they’d make with Manning by just hiring a good coach. There has to be a coach we can afford who would work his ass off and put butts in the seats and win more games. We are going to be lucky to hit double digits under Manning.

Wake and Danny Manning parting ways is all about the money. Wake's big donors so far have not been willing to open checkbooks enough to have Danny go away. It may take Currrie sometime to get the necessary funds together. Until that happens, Danny will be coaching at Wake.

Why would donors trust this administration with more of their money. Assuming supporters of Wake that have substantial funds earned it honestly, they would not want to flush it down the drain by handing it to inept people.

Wake needs to dig into their own pockets since retaining Manning while he further tanks the program is costing more than Manning's buy-out.

I think Wake could make $10-12M over what they’d make with Manning by just hiring a good coach. There has to be a coach we can afford who would work his ass off and put butts in the seats and win more games. We are going to be lucky to hit double digits under Manning.

No doubt. At a minimum, take a flyer on a young coach like Miller. Give him a base salary of $500,000 with incentives if he successful and Wake would be much better off financially than they are sticking with Manning.

How is that possible?? Does Wake not have a law school?

We can't get someone to tie that up in court for 10 years? Wake could counter sue for non-performance.

Not to mention that the cost of holding on to Manning is far more than that buy-out.

I find it amazing that posters who’ve actually passed the bar exam haven’t recommended something like this. Seems so simple.

Manning deserves any shit he gets for his poor performance as wake's bball coach. I don't blame him one bit for not taking less than ronnie and hatch promised him. They should have been fined and fired for that contract extension.

Sadly, this is how too many people think today.

A person of character should not fleece a non profit institution of higher learning just because they were able to take advantage of a senile feeble minded AD.

Manning may be within his legal rights but that does not change the fact that he is stealing from his employer while destroying what he was charged with building.

There is no honor in that.

A GoFundMe could clear that up real quick. That would unite the fanbase and bring fans back into the fold. I know plenty of people who could care less about Wake hoops now who would donate.

The only problem is if people would trust Currie to hire a better coach.

Lol. The gofundme to hire Gregg Marshall raised like $250.

Back