• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning replacement search thread

To be clear, I don't want either of them. The point is that the only reason why anyone is talking about Turner is because he was an assistant at Wake 20 years ago. Russell Turner would be a LOWF hire.

Maybe because he is a proven good coach with years of success with personal ties to our region and global experience. Did you even look at his record?

Stanford had a coaching vacancy four years ago and went with Jerrod Hasse of UAB/Unc/Kansas. Seems like Turner would have been a natural fit for them.

How weird was it that Stanford went with a former UNC asst coach in the midst of the UNC AFAM scandal? That stunned me.

If anything, the dook win shows how badly coached and underachieving the team has been to be in 14th place this late in the season.

This. All I could think about during the game is "where has this team been all season"? We have the talent to be in play for a NCAA tournament bid yet it would take a small miracle to even make the NIT. If anything, this job just got a bit more enticing for any possible candidates.

This. All I could think about during the game is "where has this team been all season"? We have the talent to be in play for a NCAA tournament bid yet it would take a small miracle to even make the NIT. If anything, this job just got a bit more enticing for any possible candidates.

This. Obviously this team can score. 79 in regulation, with the top scorer barely contributing is pretty good. A prospective coach could think, teach these guys some better defense, get them to bring this level of offense every game and that should be lots of wins.

What's worse?

1) A coach who says nothing or just repeats the same shit over and over again (Manning)

2) A coach with a nasally midwest accent who makes your ears bleed when he talks?

Which one wins more? I own ear plugs. I know where the mute is for my TV.

Which one wins more? I own ear plugs. I know where the mute is for my TV.

Realize this was likely rhetorical, but based on career winning percentages and a 32-game season you would expect 20-21 wins with Weber and 14-15 wins with Manning. So...not a tough choice.

If Currie were to bring back Manning then Currie is definitly just as dumb as Wellman. Currie wants to put his stamp on the bball program and bringing back Manning isnt how you do that.

If Currie were to bring back Manning then Currie is definitly just as dumb as Wellman. Currie wants to put his stamp on the bball program and bringing back Manning isnt how you do that.

But, saved +/- $15 million.

If this is the first win in a streak of wins that reaches double digits, then maybe, just maybe it would be wise to reconsider replacing Manning. Short of that, time for his farewell party in a few weeks.

The buyout money is there, you underestimate the ability Currie has to raise money, he did a hell of a job doing it at KState. Getting the right coach at Wake is more important to Currie than saving money on the buyout.

If this is the first win in a streak of wins that reaches double digits, then maybe, just maybe it would be wise to reconsider replacing Manning. Short of that, time for his farewell party in a few weeks.

I don’t think you know what that word means.

The buyout money is there, you underestimate the ability Currie has to raise money, he did a hell of a job doing it at KState. Getting the right coach at Wake is more important to Currie than saving money on the buyout.

Getting the right coach ultimately pays for the buyout due to increased ticket sales, concessions, etc...yes?

I will believe it when I see it. Time to stop the bleeding.

As I've said over and over again, the numbers are going to need to be over $5M/year to land SHAKA. $5.5M may be number.

6000 extra tickets sold at $30 in revenues (tix/concessions/parking) times 18 home games= $3.24M more than we pay Daniel before we bank a penny in extra money

He'll EASILY pay for himself at $5M.

It would help also help our case to give wife "good job".

Couple of interesting games in the SoCon involving potential coaching candidates:

#70 (23-6) Furman at #71 (23-6) UNCG
#60 (25-4) ETSU at #156 Wofford

ETSU has a one game lead in the SoCon Standings over UNCG and Furman.

I don’t think you know what that word means.

My comment means that it would be worthwhile to give a long hard look at what happened during such a streak and whether situations changed in such a way as to make it sustainable in the future.

Back