• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning replacement search thread

Because there are no P6 jobs open.

Regardless of actual openings, Forbes would still have had conversations with ADs this cycle.

But yeah, my point was more that he probably doesn’t have a handshake deal to come to WFU (or anything close).

Regardless of actual openings, Forbes would still have had conversations with ADs this cycle.

But yeah, my point was more that he probably doesn’t have a handshake deal to come to WFU (or anything close).

The same logic says he doesn't even have a handshake or serious discussion about going anywhere.

If he isn't on the lists of multiple P6 schools, that may be an indication nobody is making a change or he is still too toxic from the show cause letter.

My Dad just returned from Texas this week. He said that one of the papers out there said Shaka would be let go as soon as the virus was under control. So maybe we still have hope for Mannings dismissal.

Care to say what paper? I live just south of Austin and have not heard anything like that. Could have been 1 reporter's opinion but considering how long COVID will be around I wouldn't hold my breath about this happening...............:thumbsup:

My Dad just returned from Texas this week. He said that one of the papers out there said Shaka would be let go as soon as the virus was under control. So maybe we still have hope for Mannings dismissal.

Shaka is being retained per the Statesman.

The fact is that perception and reduced cash flow is going to make us keep DM.

If Texas is worried about money there is no way Wake is making a move.

Fair point, but the question is would Texas be doing the same if Shaka had Manning’s record over the last six years? I’m guessing not.

Pay for it. Best sports content you'll find. Worth a lot more than they charge you.
RJ has better sources and gets the real news from all of the connected and famous people he has befriended over the decades.

I STILL haven't seen it reported that we missed on Shaka because we wouldn't give his non-academic wife a tenured professorship. You don't get that kind of info from crappy paywall sites. RJ alone got that info directly from Shaka' s handlers and shared it with the board!

There's no real good active thread to post this on so I picked this one. Looking at a 3/26/14 article at KenPom on who are the best in-game coaches, over the preceding 5 seasons Wake was 14th in the nation in exceeding expectations based on halftime win probabilities. That's Dino's last season and {redacted's} years. Quite a contrast with what we have become used to with Manning. BTW, Michigan was ranked high in the standards used by KenPom. Maybe this is the right thread after all.

There's no real good active thread to post this on so I picked this one. Looking at a 3/26/14 article at KenPom on who are the best in-game coaches, over the preceding 5 seasons Wake was 14th in the nation in exceeding expectations based on halftime win probabilities. That's Dino's last season and {redacted's} years. Quite a contrast with what we have become used to with Manning. BTW, Michigan was ranked high in the standards used by KenPom. Maybe this is the right thread after all.

This needs to be next years slogan if Manning returns.

WF must have had some pathetic first half performances under [] as his collective record in ACC games was 18-55. Hard to understand how that record exceeded expectations under any metric.

Manning is so bad that the ACCN won't even show any Wake games in their virus re-run extravaganza. :dumb:

Manning is so bad that the ACCN won't even show any Wake games in their virus re-run extravaganza. :dumb:

Since most of them would be blow-out losses, let's hope they don't have an "aha" moment and decide to show that epic UVA home loss where we blew a 7-8 point lead in the last 30 seconds or so.

Back