• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning replacement search thread

If the Cavs fire Beilein, Currie better be on the phone with him immediately.

If the Cavs fire JB, he'd get many millions. At 66, why would he want to rebuild a program having that much money?

If the Cavs fire JB, he'd get many millions. At 66, why would he want to rebuild a program having that much money?

Coaches at that level are wired differently. They don't like leaving the game on someone else's time table. I concur with Ph though, Currie better at least swing and miss on Beilein

no to all 66 years not named John Beilein. Beilein is old but he could give us 7-8 years of having a real coach who wins games and makes NCAA tourneys. I'll take that.

Patrick Beilein? Pittsnogle?

Last edited:
no to all 66 years not named John Beilein. Beilein is old but he could give us 7-8 years of having a real coach who wins games and makes NCAA tourneys. I'll take that.

I’d say OK to old man Pitino, too.

Coaches over 66 in the ACC

K
Williams
Boeheim
Larranaga
Hamilton

So 5 of the 6 best coaches in the league. Miami hired Larrañaga at 61 and he’s given them 9 years. That’s a longer tenure than any Wake coach except Odom. Hire Beilein and he could give us 4-5 years maybe more and get the program on the right track.

We have a president in his 70s and the top three Dem candidates are in their 70s and people are afraid to hire a 66 year old basketball coach with a track record of winning.

Last edited:
Rick Barnes is 65 years old. Would you take him right now?

Bielen is exactly what we need to get out of this disaster.

If you wouldn’t take Beilein you need to have your head examined.

K, Boeheim, Roy were all hired by Duke, KU, & Cuse at what? Average age 33? I’m all for a 66 year old coach. So long as he has been our Coach for 30 years!

Go Wes go!

Would take him (or Rick) in a heartbeat. In a few seasons we'd be back in the tournament, enjoying a solid couple of recruiting classes, and hiring the next coach will be EASY.

While optimally it'd be for the best to find a coach that could stay for a long time, WF needs to find whatever coach can have the best effect on the program over the next 5 or so years. If they aren't around long-term, it's okay so long as WF is on much better footing when they leave.

Back