• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning replacement search thread

I have it on very good authority that the deal breaker was Hatch's refusal to sign off on the endowed professorship in the Department of Journalism for Shaka's wife, Dr. Smart.

Wow a WHOLE professorship! What TERRIBLE price to pay to potentially raise hundreds or millions of dollars for the university and have top level basketball program for DECADES to come!

Other than for few profs with sticks up their ass, the "optics" would be great. The rest of Wake would get tens, if not hundreds or millions of dollars in FREE press. We'd draw more donation to build BETTER facilities and to attract BETTER profs and students. The current prof's pay would be going up up up with more revenues or at least their agility to negotiate for more.

Oh, the HORROR of having a Harvard/Northwestern grad as prof to help the rest of school.

Let's look at the history:

To replace Odom, the Top 2 on my list were Majerus (whom I posted wouldn't take job and Skip (FIRST and ONLY person to mention him)
To replace Dinos my list was ONE person - Stevens (and he was young). Wellman FUCKED that up.
To replace redacted, again my list was ONE person SHAKA and Hatch FUCKED him.

There is ONE outstanding pick this time.

1. SHAKA
2. SHAKA
3. SHAKA
4. SHAKA
5. MATTA (if healthy)

Longshits would include Marshalls, Donoan and Bielien.

Shaka is NOW 100% there for our taking at bigly dicount. $5.5M/y gets it done. It's ALL on CURRY not to FUCK us. SHAKA!SHAKA!SHAKA!
Sure. Great post, Biff.

Let's look at the history:

To replace Odom, the Top 2 on my list were Majerus (whom I posted wouldn't take job and Skip (FIRST and ONLY person to mention him)
To replace Dinos my list was ONE person - Stevens (and he was young). Wellman FUCKED that up.
To replace redacted, again my list was ONE person SHAKA and Hatch FUCKED him.

There is ONE outstanding pick this time.

1. SHAKA
2. SHAKA
3. SHAKA
4. SHAKA
5. MATTA (if healthy)

Longshits would include Marshalls, Donoan and Bielien.

Shaka is NOW 100% there for our taking at bigly dicount. $5.5M/y gets it done. It's ALL on CURRY not to FUCK us. SHAKA!SHAKA!SHAKA!

Usually an indication of poor hydration.

Beilein can be negotiated with and "hired" before Danny is gone at the end of the season. The deal could be in place. Let Beilein not have the pressure of the next 3-4 weeks. Let him look at tons of tape to find who he might be able to add to our team and hit the ground running.

Beilein can be negotiated with and "hired" before Danny is gone at the end of the season. The deal could be in place. Let Beilein not have the pressure of the next 3-4 weeks. Let him look at tons of tape to find who he might be able to add to our team and hit the ground running.

BUT THE HEALTH INSURANCE LAPSE!

Get the dental negotiations squared away... Everything else will take care of itself. Don't go cheap on any partial payment plan. You want a coach like Belein you go with full coverage with no deductibles or co-payments.

Back